Trophy Bragging Rights

The home of various "master lists" of This Old Neon members' gaming accomplishments and collections. Achievements and trophies, play time, and lists of collected and completed games go here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Trophy Bragging Rights

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote: 21 Nov 2020 05:59 It took me literally an entire year, but...

Platinum trophy #57: Astro's Playroom

I normally don't really care for 3D platformers. At best I find them functional. But I really enjoyed this one. I think because it's compact and focused and snappy. The PS5's next-gen hardware definitely helps with that last point, where jumping around between stages is instant. They highlighted a couple of key DualSense mechanics, but they were special features of specific areas so it didn't feel like they were scattered randomly about the place. Plus I loved all the little PlayStation history tidbits that literally filled up every stage. Cute game.
Platinum trophy #58: Spider-Man (PS4)

This was a good game. I had some minor problems with it, but nothing that significantly detracted from the experience. They did pretty nice work here! Spider-Man was well-acted, which was probably the most important part. I also liked how each chapter ramped up into the next one. Combat was pretty good. Swinging around was usually excellent. This makes me look forward to playing Miles Morales... maybe I'll get it for X-Men or my Birthday. :)
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Platinum 🏆#️⃣1️⃣5️⃣ is You Only Did Everything from Astro's Playroom. What a cute game! Platinum involves getting all the collectibles and interacting with some fun environmental stuff. Fun.

Platinum 🏆#️⃣1️⃣6️⃣ is Be Greater from Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered. Unlocked it by loading up my PS4 save. Didn't know that would actually do it! Downloaded the Remastered version because it came with my copy of Miles Morales and includes the DLC I never bought on PS4. Gonna give that a go at some point, but for now here's to the easiest platinum ever!
You got BOOST power!
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Platinum 🏆#️⃣1️⃣7️⃣ is Pro Skater Returns! from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2. This one was a lot of fun except for the very last trophy which is just an extraordinary exp grind that you don't even come CLOSE to hitting through natural progression of the game. I decided to automate a little grinding sequence while I was doing chores the other day to knock out that last chunk over the course of several hours. Other than that, though, the trophy set is pretty nice! It's a nice mix of unmissable progress stuff, amusing stuff, and multiplayer stuff. Plus, it has a couple really difficult challenge-based trophies to separate the to Pro Skaters (like myself :ugeek:) from the rest. Countless hours of playing these games as a kid served me well, and I was able to knock 'em out. They also patched in some truly brutal non-trophy challenges a couple months ago that I'm somewhat interested in trying, but those are for even more talented Tony Hawkers than me.

Still, these are two of my favorite games ever, so I'm sure I'll hop back on this game from time to time to clear it with another pro or two. Here's hoping Vicarious Visions takes a stab at a real THPS5 and we can just pretend the old one never happened.
You got BOOST power!
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I scored another platinum in Uncharted 3. Was fun and not too difficult. I haven’t posted a theme song for any of these games in PS4, so thought I would finally do so here. We’re killing strangers so we don’t kill the ones that we love. And we’ve got guns!

I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Got another platinum in Ghost of Tsushima. Took me about 70 hours. Great game. No BGE, but few games are IMO.

Theme song!

I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Platinum 🏆#️⃣1️⃣8️⃣ was the auto-pop from playing the PS5 upgrade of Tony Hawk. Those feel kinda dumb, but it was that or start a new save file, which I didn't really wanna do!

Platinum 🏆#️⃣1️⃣9️⃣ is Retro Gamer from Arcade Game Series: Pac-Man. This was mostly an easy one to knock out in the space of a day, and it also finally encouraged me to learn the AI exploits in this game, which has long been one of my gaming to-dos. The most difficult trophy involved eating all four ghosts with *every* power pill in the level and grabbing both fruit that spawn while you're at it. But I think that still only took me an hour of frustrated restarts and expletives. Overall a fun excuse to learn a little more about the inner workings of the Pac. I'll probably try to get the trophies for Ms. Pac-Man and Galaga as well.
You got BOOST power!
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I got a hard fought platinum number 45 with Dead Island. Fantastic game. I think I’m going to import my main character into Riptide so I can continue where I left off. I kind of want to play Rondo of Blood too....I may take a break from zombies to play some Castlevania.

Theme song!

Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Got platinum in .hack G.U. Recode. Four years and 150 hours - no problem

Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Got my rarest (and one of my most fun) platinums in The Persistence. Incredible game…not sure what worse game I’ll play next…

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote: 16 Dec 2020 03:28 Platinum trophy #58: Spider-Man (PS4)

This was a good game. I had some minor problems with it, but nothing that significantly detracted from the experience. They did pretty nice work here! Spider-Man was well-acted, which was probably the most important part. I also liked how each chapter ramped up into the next one. Combat was pretty good. Swinging around was usually excellent. This makes me look forward to playing Miles Morales... maybe I'll get it for X-Men or my Birthday. :)
Platinum trophy #59: One Night Stand (PS4 on PS5)

This was a pretty cute choose-your-own-adventure / puzzle / visual novel. There are multiple endings depending on your choices, and eventually you're able to piece together what happened. To top things off, when you get the plat, there's a little surprise ending that sheds even more light on the story. I think it was only a couple bucks. Well worth it as a low-investment (time, attention) diversion.

Also, wow, just over a year since my last platinum. What a disgrace. And I bailed on FF7R with only one trophy left to go, too...
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming