Switch Online Battles Royale

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Switch Online Battles Royale

Post by Claytone »

I've been getting into Pac-Man 99 over the past while, so I wanted to start a thread for the Battle Royale games Nintendo has put out on Nintendo Switch Online. Feel free to talk about strats, brag about stats, etc. I'll be posting some of mine later. :)
You got BOOST power!
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Re: Switch Online Battles Royale

Post by Claytone »

Here's my last ten games (I wish the game let you go back at least 100, but nothing I can do about that)

Three Pac-Champs in 6 attempts is definitely a personal best! Don't know if I'm genuinely getting better or just on a hot streak, but I'm happy either way.

A trend I've noticed is the competition seems to get better later in the day, especially after midnight. Guess only the dedicated are on at that hour (also fewer children)!

Would love to see other TONers' stats in these games to the extent that y'all care. I know at least Kong is a frequent Tetriser.
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I'm been trying to do an annoying achievement in Tetris where you have to get into the top 10 without using the hold queue or getting any tetris line clears or t-spins (some newfangled mechanic). An unexpected thing that makes this more difficult is that all the garbage that gets sent to your screen comes in the form of 4 lined-up lines perfect for dropping tetrises, so in order to clear that you have to make a mess.

Anyway, I did it once on my first try (you have to do it three times for the achievement), and AFTER I got into the top 10, I somehow accidentally did a t-spin while dropping shit to end the game, and it didn't count.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Kong Wen wrote: 29 Jan 2022 06:29 I'm been trying to do an annoying achievement in Tetris where you have to get into the top 10 without using the hold queue or getting any tetris line clears or t-spins (some newfangled mechanic). An unexpected thing that makes this more difficult is that all the garbage that gets sent to your screen comes in the form of 4 lined-up lines perfect for dropping tetrises, so in order to clear that you have to make a mess.

Anyway, I did it once on my first try (you have to do it three times for the achievement), and AFTER I got into the top 10, I somehow accidentally did a t-spin while dropping shit to end the game, and it didn't count.
lol I'm sorry that's pretty funny. Hope you get it next time!

And it's cool that Tetris has achievements! Pac-Man has some side modes, but nothing to spice up the main mode. Maybe that will come in a future update.
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Claytone wrote: 29 Jan 2022 23:22 lol I'm sorry that's pretty funny. Hope you get it next time!
Nah, I've done about 15 more games since then and haven't come that close. I'm keepin' on trying through because it's different and interesting. :)
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote: 30 Jan 2022 05:50
Claytone wrote: 29 Jan 2022 23:22 lol I'm sorry that's pretty funny. Hope you get it next time!
Nah, I've done about 15 more games since then and haven't come that close. I'm keepin' on trying through because it's different and interesting. :)
Alright, a week and a half or so later (with a few games per night), I've finally managed to get this achievement. :belmont:

The rest I have my eyes set on are just kind of "if they happen they happen" RNG (finish in the top 10 without getting any KOs—you can't control whether you get KOs or not) or persistent grind (get a bajillion line clears).