Hockey Thread! (NHL etc.)

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Hockey Thread! (NHL etc.)

Post by Kong Wen »

SkyPikachu wrote: 22 Jul 2021 05:39 Really hope Tampa don't win another cup for a while now. Especially with a 32 team comp would really like to have different winners.
At least their recent Cups are mired by shortened seasons & fucked up divisional structure. Fake champs.

What do you think of the Kraken expansion draft? A lot of people seem to be complaining that they didn't put a good team together, but they seem to be forgetting that 1) it's very uncommon to be able to build a cohesive team of good name-brand players through an expansion draft alone, and 2) the expansion draft is a starting point for more wheeling and dealing.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote: 22 Jul 2021 06:53
SkyPikachu wrote: 22 Jul 2021 05:39 Really hope Tampa don't win another cup for a while now. Especially with a 32 team comp would really like to have different winners.
At least their recent Cups are mired by shortened seasons & fucked up divisional structure. Fake champs.

What do you think of the Kraken expansion draft? A lot of people seem to be complaining that they didn't put a good team together, but they seem to be forgetting that 1) it's very uncommon to be able to build a cohesive team of good name-brand players through an expansion draft alone, and 2) the expansion draft is a starting point for more wheeling and dealing.
Haven't taken much notice and my knowledge of players these days isn't great. Now that I'm more busy I don't have time to watch hockey since the games are on when I'm studying.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

I hope Kreegs saw this slick play.

https://twitter.com/Arda/status/1458657695939108873
You got BOOST power!
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Nashville signed Forsberg to an 8 year deal, which is a relief. Hope he's a career Pred. Fun guy to watch and is high-effort whether the Preds are up or down.
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Has anyone been following hockey this postseason? A decent clutch of semi-interesting teams is involved (along with a couple boring teams, as usual). The Leafs made an unlikely comeback & OT win in Game 4 against the Bolts last night to bring their series up to 3-1. I could get behind that. I don't think they're likely to make it out of the 2nd round though... Heck, I'm still not convinced they'll make it out of the 1st round. :D
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

The Leafs finally made it out of the first round!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

kitroplious wrote: 30 Apr 2023 08:07 The Leafs finally made it out of the first round!
Yes! Not only that, but the Bruins were upset by the Panthers as well, so the Leafs have an easier 2nd round than they were expecting. Hoping for an Oilers vs. Leafs final.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote: 01 May 2023 19:01
kitroplious wrote: 30 Apr 2023 08:07 The Leafs finally made it out of the first round!
Yes! Not only that, but the Bruins were upset by the Panthers as well, so the Leafs have an easier 2nd round than they were expecting. Hoping for an Oilers vs. Leafs final.
As someone who hasn't been following the league in a while the concept of an oilers vs leafs final seems insane.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

SkyPikachu wrote: 01 May 2023 23:52
As someone who hasn't been following the league in a while the concept of an oilers vs leafs final seems insane.
Don't get me wrong, the concept of the Leafs in the final is still insane, but Leafs fans gonna Leaf. The Oilers have been good for a few years though.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote: 02 May 2023 04:59
SkyPikachu wrote: 01 May 2023 23:52

Don't get me wrong, the concept of the Leafs in the final is still insane, but Leafs fans gonna Leaf. The Oilers have been good for a few years though.
It's good to see teams like Leafs, Avs, Oilers, Hurricanes and Panthers doing well since they were like the bottom dwellers when I started watching nhl back in the days. Shows that rebuilding is rewarded in the league. Very healthy.