Top 256 — Week 3 — Poll 18

Archive of nominations, event polls, side-events, discussion threads, and results from the 2020-24 "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project: Hindsight Edition.

Which of these two games is BEST?!

82 — Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (2009, DS)
50%
175 — Wolfenstein 3D (1992, PC)
50%

Total votes: 6

This Old Neon
Administrator

Top 256 — Week 3 — Poll 18

Post by This Old Neon »

Welcome to the #BGE2020 Elimination Round of 256!

Each game is seeded based on its performance in the two opening rounds of pools. Every game in the Upper Bracket has defeated multiple other games in 1-on-1 polls to get to this point. These are still the best of the best.

Polls are updated weekly, typically on Sunday or Monday. Check back throughout the week to make sure you don't miss a vote!

HOW TO VOTE

This is easy. You only get one vote per poll. The game with the most votes wins. In the event of a tie, the higher seed advances, so don't get complacent!

:belmont:
evildevil97
Adept

Re: Top 256 — Week 3 — Poll 18

Post by evildevil97 »

BiS is perhaps the third best RPG in the Mario series, behind the SNES original and TTYD. Wolfenstein 3D is important to gaming history, but there are other shooters more important.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

evildevil97 wrote: 20 Jul 2023 01:37 BiS is perhaps the third best RPG in the Mario series, behind the SNES original and TTYD. Wolfenstein 3D is important to gaming history, but there are other shooters more important.
Your phrasing of this gives me a chuckle, like perhaps the 2nd or 3rd most important FPS game is not as important as the 3rd best entry in a Mario spinoff subgenre. :D I know that's probably not how you intended it, but just picturing the juxtaposition brings a smile to my face.

Personally, I think the 2nd or 3rd most important FPS game (up there with Doom and Quake/II) is an easier vote than even the best Mario RPG, since even the best Mario RPG floats around the upper-middle tier of RPGs in general.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

Kong Wen wrote: 20 Jul 2023 03:09
evildevil97 wrote: 20 Jul 2023 01:37 BiS is perhaps the third best RPG in the Mario series, behind the SNES original and TTYD. Wolfenstein 3D is important to gaming history, but there are other shooters more important.
Your phrasing of this gives me a chuckle, like perhaps the 2nd or 3rd most important FPS game is not as important as the 3rd best entry in a Mario spinoff subgenre. :D I know that's probably not how you intended it, but just picturing the juxtaposition brings a smile to my face.

Personally, I think the 2nd or 3rd most important FPS game (up there with Doom and Quake/II) is an easier vote than even the best Mario RPG, since even the best Mario RPG floats around the upper-middle tier of RPGs in general.
I can't play FPS. I get motion sickness. Wolfenstein was really rough that way. Games I can play without getting dizzy are better than those I can't.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

evildevil97 wrote: 20 Jul 2023 04:58 I can't play FPS. I get motion sickness. Wolfenstein was really rough that way. Games I can play without getting dizzy are better than those I can't.
I know, it's not meant as a criticism of your vote—everyone votes for different (but apparently similar) reasons. I just enjoyed how it was presented. :neon:
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming