Top 256 — Week 3 — Poll 1

Archive of nominations, event polls, side-events, discussion threads, and results from the 2020-24 "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project: Hindsight Edition.

Which of these two games is BEST?!

65 — Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time / Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles: Turtles in Time (1991, Arcade)
38%
192 — Fallout: New Vegas (2010, PC)
63%

Total votes: 8

This Old Neon
Administrator

Top 256 — Week 3 — Poll 1

Post by This Old Neon »

Welcome to the #BGE2020 Elimination Round of 256!

Each game is seeded based on its performance in the two opening rounds of pools. Every game in the Upper Bracket has defeated multiple other games in 1-on-1 polls to get to this point. These are still the best of the best.

Polls are updated weekly, typically on Sunday or Monday. Check back throughout the week to make sure you don't miss a vote!

HOW TO VOTE

This is easy. You only get one vote per poll. The game with the most votes wins. In the event of a tie, the higher seed advances, so don't get complacent!

:belmont:
liu yuante
Aspirant

Re: Top 256 — Week 3 — Poll 1

Post by liu yuante »

Trying to atone for allowing TMNT to knock of BG II.

Oh, and New Vegas is actually a better game.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I actually really like TMNT and consider it one of the best arcade beat'em-ups, but I also really like Fallout 3 (apparently this isn't very common or something?) and New Vegas takes all the things that were great about FO3 and expands on them, improves on them, and delivers a well-written plot. Gotta give it to New Vegas here, a great well-rounded entry in this contest.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

liu yuante wrote: 19 Jul 2023 00:01 Trying to atone for allowing TMNT to knock of BG II.

Oh, and New Vegas is actually a better game.
BG II = Baldur's Gate II?
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery
Niahak

Post by Niahak »

Kong Wen wrote: 19 Jul 2023 02:10 I actually really like TMNT and consider it one of the best arcade beat'em-ups, but I also really like Fallout 3 (apparently this isn't very common or something?) and New Vegas takes all the things that were great about FO3 and expands on them, improves on them, and delivers a well-written plot. Gotta give it to New Vegas here, a great well-rounded entry in this contest.
It seems pretty trendy lately to dunk on FO3 for its lesser depth and realism compared to FONV, which came along later. There's a component of "FO3 is Bethesda while FONV is Obsidian" to it, too.

I ragged on FO3 a bit in the ME2 poll for being a shooter continuation of a CRPG series (or is it a resurrection at that point?), but I've also played FO3 to completion at least three times... which is more than I've played many games I really liked. Both FO3 and FONV are good, although I'd give FONV the edge.

For the contest at hand, FONV is one of the more thoughtful and interesting Bethesda-style FPS CRPGs, and my favorite in the genre. FO4 felt like a polished power fantasy, while FONV feels like a lived-in world that you happen to be able to make a difference in. They're both fun to play, but FONV is more satisfying. Turtles in Time is a good game, and it adds some fun features as I recall, but I'm not sure it stands out in the way NV does.