BOTTOM 320 — Week 1 — Poll 28

Archive of nominations, event polls, side-events, discussion threads, and results from the 2020-24 "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project: Hindsight Edition.

Which of these two games is NOT QUITE THE BEST BUT DOESN'T DESERVE THIS FATE (YET...)?

92 — The Simpsons Arcade Game (1991, Arcade/X360)
50%
357 — Marble Madness (1984, Arcade)
50%

Total votes: 8

This Old Neon
Administrator

BOTTOM 320 — Week 1 — Poll 28

Post by This Old Neon »

Welcome to the #BGE2020 Elimination Round Lower Bracket!

Each game in the lower bracket is still seeded based on its performance in the two opening rounds of pools! Every game in the lower bracket has already been defeated by another game in a 1-on-1 poll to get to this point. This is their chance to claw their way back into the main event... but the stakes are high. The games that lose in these polls are out of the tournament for good! The games that survive will face the next crop of upper bracket losers in the next round.

Polls are updated weekly, typically on Monday. Check back throughout the week to make sure you don't miss a vote!

HOW TO VOTE

This is easy. You only get one vote per poll. The game with the most votes wins. In the event of a tie, the higher seed advances, so don't get complacent!

:belmont:
Ouenben
Great Scot
Great Scot

Re: BOTTOM 320 — Week 1 — Poll 28

Post by Ouenben »

I've played Simpsons Arcade a few times, and maybe it's the genre as I'm not a huge beat 'em up fan but I just didn't find it all that fun after a short 20 min stint. There are other beat 'em ups I'd sooner give my time to.
Even though it's very short I love coming back to Marble Madness, it was a clear inspiration for one of my fave Gamecube games too.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Ouenben wrote: 28 Nov 2023 02:32 I've played Simpsons Arcade a few times, and maybe it's the genre as I'm not a huge beat 'em up fan but I just didn't find it all that fun after a short 20 min stint. There are other beat 'em ups I'd sooner give my time to.
Even though it's very short I love coming back to Marble Madness, it was a clear inspiration for one of my fave Gamecube games too.
I wonder if the Marble Madness to Monkey Ball to F-Zero pipeline will influence Clay's vote. :belmont:
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Niahak

Post by Niahak »

Ouenben wrote: 28 Nov 2023 02:32 I've played Simpsons Arcade a few times, and maybe it's the genre as I'm not a huge beat 'em up fan but I just didn't find it all that fun after a short 20 min stint. There are other beat 'em ups I'd sooner give my time to.
Returning to arcade brawlers has been hard every time, especially revisiting in the age where arcades have free-play with an entry fee. Unless a game introduces more variety (which Simpsons doesn't) such as special moves, actually different characters, items, etc. I'm good for at least a month if I play for 15 minutes.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Niahak wrote: 28 Nov 2023 15:49
Returning to arcade brawlers has been hard every time, especially revisiting in the age where arcades have free-play with an entry fee. Unless a game introduces more variety (which Simpsons doesn't) such as special moves, actually different characters, items, etc. I'm good for at least a month if I play for 15 minutes.
If you vote for Marble Madness, I'll switch my vote and make this a real race. :D
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I feel like Marble Madness is really cool but it was way to hard for me. More frustrating than fun but I didn’t spend a lot of time with it as a result. Played Simpson much more…
No more nightmares, I’ve seen them all. From the day I was born, they’ve haunted my every move.
Niahak

Post by Niahak »

Kong Wen wrote: 29 Nov 2023 00:38 If you vote for Marble Madness, I'll switch my vote and make this a real race. :D
Yeah, I'd vote for Marble Madness here. It's more interesting and is fun for about as long as Simpsons.

X-Men Arcade is still in the running somewhere, right? It's at least more interesting than Simpsons.

It's a shame Rampart died early on, I feel it's a more fun ball-controlled game than Marble Madness.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Niahak wrote: 29 Nov 2023 14:07
Kong Wen wrote: 29 Nov 2023 00:38 If you vote for Marble Madness, I'll switch my vote and make this a real race. :D
Yeah, I'd vote for Marble Madness here. It's more interesting and is fun for about as long as Simpsons.

X-Men Arcade is still in the running somewhere, right? It's at least more interesting than Simpsons.

It's a shame Rampart died early on, I feel it's a more fun ball-controlled game than Marble Madness.
X-Men is ded.

TMNT (Arcade, 1) is still alive in the lower bracket.

Castle Crashers is ded.

Guardian Heroes is ded.

Shadow over Mystara is still alive in the lower bracket.

River City Ransom is ded.

Streets of Rage 1, 2, and 4 are still alive in the lower bracket lol.

Double Dragon NES is still alive in the lower bracket.
Niahak

Post by Niahak »

Kong Wen wrote: 29 Nov 2023 15:20 X-Men is ded.

TMNT (Arcade, 1) is still alive in the lower bracket.

Castle Crashers is ded.

Guardian Heroes is ded.

Shadow over Mystara is still alive in the lower bracket.

River City Ransom is ded.

Streets of Rage 1, 2, and 4 are still alive in the lower bracket lol.

Double Dragon NES is still alive in the lower bracket.
Well, of the brawlers I've played, RCR and Shadow over Mystara are probably the ones I'd pick, so at least one out of two still alive isn't bad...
We're getting down to the wire with the bottom 320, so I'm not that surprised brawlers are dropping out.