What are You Listening to Right Now?

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Re: What are You Listening to Right Now?

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Still listening to Sparks. Started a free 6 months Apple Music subscription to listen to their albums. The older ones are really good. Listening today I heard two promos from Peter Cook:

Grt. Merlin

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Still enjoying the free period of Apple Music by listening to all Bowie albums available (even Peter and the Wolf where he doesn't sing).

Right now I'm watching a video of the Ayreon concert I've been to (twice) last september:
Grt. Merlin

Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I just got my hands on [two copies of] Dust Bolt's latest album, "Sound and Fury." Awesome title and awesome tracks. They are an egregiously underappreciated band I was blessed to stumble across once as they opened at a concert I attended years ago. They are the proving grounds of the mad overlord of metal, basically. I will be listening to this album quite a bit before I put it away for later.

Here's the title track:

I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Only 2 weeks left of my free period of Apple Music. Currently listening to all Kayak albums.

Right now listening on youtube to:

:mrgreen:
Grt. Merlin

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Last week of free Apple Music subscription .. 坂本 龍 will probably be the last music I'm listening to.
Unfortunately tomorrow is the day he died a year ago :(

Also:

But that's not on an album afaik.
Grt. Merlin

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Got a synthesizer playlist on yuotube I'm shuffling now. Currently playing Paranoimia played by Ed Starink. Best listened to with headphones.
Grt. Merlin

Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I’ve been spending some time with Ministry’s latest album and enjoying the heck out of it. The first track is below. This is one of my top three favorite bands so it’s always a treat when new material comes out.

Dunno why the link isn’t working but here’s another

https://youtu.be/VfSHHujQcqw?si=vPA-LG2nt4ea7pH1
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Halfway through this video:
Grt. Merlin