Trophy Bragging Rights

The home of various "master lists" of This Old Neon members' gaming accomplishments and collections. Achievements and trophies, play time, and lists of collected and completed games go here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Trophy Bragging Rights

Post by Kong Wen »

Platinum trophy #69: Carrion (PS5)

This game was more puzzly and less eatin'-dudesy than I thought, a pleasant surprise! By the end, I started sparing the ones who didn't attack me, because I felt too bad for them.

Kong Wen wrote: 08 Mar 2023 21:29 Platinum trophy #67: Final Fantasy VII: Remake (PS4 via PS5)

It was really nice to get back to this after shelving it for three years due to a particularly annoying late game sequence. The only trophy I needed was the hard mode clear, and I was sitting on the last chapter. That sequence was still as shitty as ever, but I did it and now I don't have it looming over me anymore. The impetus for finishing was the impending release of Rebirth (and a PSN deal where you can get the PS5 version of Remake with the DLC for free if you pre-order the sequel). That means I still have some stuff to check out when I install the upgraded version.

EDIT:

OK heh after installing the PS5 version to get cracking on the DLC, my carried-over save data caused all the trophies except for the new ones to repop, so I guess this is technically also my Platinum trophy #68: Final Fantasy VII: Remake Intergrade (PS5).
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Platinum 🏆#️⃣2️⃣9️⃣ is Rough Justice from Berzerk: Recharged.

Like Sharecrow, I've enjoyed this one. Pretty easy platinum that just requires finishing all the missions, killing a certain number of bad guys, and performing a couple arcade-mode feats. Now that I've played through all the bespoke missions, I'll look forward to grinding arcade mode a bit more to try to get my paltry high score a little closer to Share's. :)
You got BOOST power!
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Platinum 🏆#️⃣3️⃣0️⃣ is Perfect Rabitteer from Jumping Flash!

This took me about two hours to knock out. I had been meaning to grab this game since it was announced with the initial set of PS5-compatible PS1 games. Was a lot of fun to give this very early 3D platformer a look. The trophy set is pretty standard fare: you simply have to beat the game while grabbing all the collectibles and do a couple other miscellaneous tasks. If anything, I wish this game had a few more trophies to chase, but it's neat to be able to get trophies and a plat for a 1995 game regardless. :)

Incidentally, it was also a nice use case for the Portal. I had a guest sleeping on my couch in the living room where the PS5 was, so I wanted to play a non-disc game so the PS5 would stay whisper quiet. It did so, and I got to knock out a '90s to-do list game from my bed. I played through the entire game in one sitting, and the only blip was a very brief drop in resolution. Not bad, and nice to have that mobile option.
You got BOOST power!
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Claytone wrote: 22 Mar 2024 23:20 Platinum 🏆#️⃣3️⃣0️⃣ is Perfect Rabitteer from Jumping Flash!

This took me about two hours to knock out. I had been meaning to grab this game since it was announced with the initial set of PS5-compatible PS1 games. Was a lot of fun to give this very early 3D platformer a look. The trophy set is pretty standard fare: you simply have to beat the game while grabbing all the collectibles and do a couple other miscellaneous tasks. If anything, I wish this game had a few more trophies to chase, but it's neat to be able to get trophies and a plat for a 1995 game regardless. :)

Incidentally, it was also a nice use case for the Portal. I had a guest sleeping on my couch in the living room where the PS5 was, so I wanted to play a non-disc game so the PS5 would stay whisper quiet. It did so, and I got to knock out a '90s to-do list game from my bed. I played through the entire game in one sitting, and the only blip was a very brief drop in resolution. Not bad, and nice to have that mobile option.
Awesome! Congratulations!
No more nightmares, I’ve seen them all. From the day I was born, they’ve haunted my every move.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Platinum 🏆#️⃣3️⃣1️⃣ is Infinite Wealth from Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth!

At just over 100 hours of effort, this is easily my most time-intensive platinum. A pittance by the standards of some of y'all's, I'm sure, but a milestone for me nevertheless.

But it wasn't the hardest by any stretch. It's got a nice, fun trophy set that doesn't require anything terribly egregious or grindy. It's just a huge game with a lot of stuff to do. Reminds me I gotta go back and get that Gaiden plat sometime. We'll see if that ends up being the reason for my next post in this thread. :)
Sharecrow wrote: 22 Mar 2024 23:30 Awesome! Congratulations!
Thanks! :D
You got BOOST power!
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Platinum 🏆#️⃣3️⃣2️⃣ is Plumbers Don't Wear Ties: Definitive Edition from the eponymous game!

This one was super easy. It requires little more than playing through the game once (about a half hour's effort) and then going through the bonus content dungeon (yes, dungeon) to buy all the little interviews and whatnot. Not my most rewarding platinum, but I take 'em in all shapes and sizes. :)
You got BOOST power!
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Platinum 🏆#️⃣3️⃣3️⃣ is That Was Me from the Caverns of Mars: Recharged!

Another breezy platinum from one of Atari's Recharged games. This one just requires you to clear all missions and arcade mode (along with some enemy kill milestones that should come naturally). It's a fun little budget title and a nice addition to the platinum shelf. :)

And while I'm on the subject, since Backloggery killed the forum signature feature, I've decided to swap mine for the PSN Profiles one. May as well track something down there!
You got BOOST power!
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Platinum #64 (and my first of the year) in Assassin’s Creed Mirage. Fantastic game.

https://youtu.be/JpbiuAYT1rw?si=ePaIuKGjMbNy9ngt
No more nightmares, I’ve seen them all. From the day I was born, they’ve haunted my every move.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Platinum 🏆#️⃣3️⃣4️⃣ is College Football 25 Master from EA Sports College Football 25!

This series is a sports sim guilty pleasure for me, but it had been on hiatus for 11 years because of some legal disputes regarding EA profiting off the likenesses of amateur athletes who were unable to see any financial benefit for themselves. That situation has changed drastically in the interim, and now the game is back (and the players depicted therein are being paid).

In the past, the achievement/trophy lists for the games were quite challenging and involved playing deep into the various modes of the games, including ones I didn't particularly care about, so 100%ing them was never really something I strove for. This time, the most time-intensive is just winning the national championship in Dynasty mode, which I always do with Georgia Tech as my "beat" condition for these games anyway. 🐝

There's also a trophy for ranking up once in ranked online matches, which requires at least a modicum of skill and the servers being online, so I'm glad I knocked that one out while there was still a large and inexperienced/rusty player base. Always hate arriving late to a game with bothersome online trophies.

I guess some series vets may find this trophy set underwhelming compared to the ones they could be truly proud of from the past, but I'll take this comparatively easy one as recognition for my years of playing this series. :)

Interestingly, despite what I've just said, it's also tied for my rarest Platinum at a 0.1% get rate on PSN. I imagine this is a demographic quirk. A lot of folks who only play sports games probably don't care about trophies at all, and I know anecdotally from the CFB communities I'm in online that many people bought their first console since PS3/360 just to play this. I'll take the false sense of prestige, though. :D
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Platinum trophy #70: Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster (PS4 via PS5)

Completed my Red Mage Rampage all-RDM autobattle-only (except Chaos) challenge run. Fun little remaster, but astonishingly easier and quicker/shorter than the original. That's fine. The music was the highlight!
Kong Wen wrote: 17 Dec 2023 18:47 Platinum trophy #69: Carrion (PS5)

This game was more puzzly and less eatin'-dudesy than I thought, a pleasant surprise! By the end, I started sparing the ones who didn't attack me, because I felt too bad for them.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming