PS5 "Play Activity" Log

Sony discussion, including PS3, PS4, Vita, PS VR, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Mobile, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, PlayStation TV, and Trophies.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Re: PS5 "Play Activity" Log

Post by Sharecrow »

1 - 534 hours - Mega Man Legacy Collection
2 - 256 hours - Assassin’s Creed Unity
3 - 252 hours - Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
4 - 194 hours - Tales of Berseria
5 - 185 hours - Beach Buggy Racing
6 - 133 hours - .hack//G.U. Last Recode
7 - 128 hours - Sega Mega Drive Classics (+ 2 positions, + 9 hours)
8 - 122 hours - Samurai Warriors 4
9 - 121 hours - Assassin’s Creed Origins

10 - 114 hours - Shadow of the Colossus (+ 7 hours)
11 - 105 hours - Dragon Quest 11
12 - 104 hours - Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
13 - 103 hours - Tales of Vesperia
14 - 98 hours - Knack
15 - 97 hours - Outlast 2 (+ 2 positions, + 15 hours)
16 - 89 hours - Steredenn
17 - 85 hours - Resogun

18 - 81 hours - Dead Island
19 - 79 hours - Alien: Isolation
20 - 78 hours - Ghost of Tsushima
21 - 77 hours - Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
22 - 73 hours - Far Cry Primal
23 - 73 hours - Outlast
No more nightmares, I’ve seen them all. From the day I was born, they’ve haunted my every move.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

For some reason I thought I had participated in this, but I guess not! So I guess I'll make my inaugural post.

1. 153 hrs - Persona 5
2. 108 hrs - Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth 🏆
3. 81 hrs - Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
4. 80 hrs - Mortal Kombat 11 🏆
5. 65 hrs - Streets of Rage 4 🏆
6. 63 hrs - Pac-Man Museum+ 🏆
7. 61 hrs - Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
8. 59 hrs - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 🏆
9. 55 hrs - Yakuza: Like a Dragon
10. 47 hrs - Final Fantasy VII 🏆
11. 45hrs - Yakuza 6: The Song of Life 🏆
12. 45 hrs - Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
13. 45 hrs - Death Stranding
14. 42 hrs - Yakuza 5 Remastered
15. 38 hrs - Yakuza 0
16. 38 hrs - Marvel's Spider-Man 🏆
17. 35 hrs - Judgment
18. 36 hrs - Yakuza Kiwami
19. 34 hrs - Yakuza Kiwami 2
20. 33 hrs - MLB The Show 17

🏆 Indicates that a platinum trophy was earned

My initial reaction is that my times are, uhh, quite different from y'all's lol. I should probably start by noting that I make a concerted effort not to idle my games (and did so even in the PS4 era when I didn't know they were tracking it). I also am the only user of my account, and I very seldom play any multiplayer games on PlayStation. So these should be a reasonably good measure of the kind of single-player hours I'm putting in (although I have personally noticed some wonkiness and over/underreporting by PS and have heard similar anecdotes from others, but it generally seems correct). The only one that seems a little high to me is P5. I recall my save file time coming in right around 100. Even accounting for party wipes that might not have been counted on that time or wiki browsing for strategy purposes while the game was booted, I just don't see where another 50 hours could've come from. Nevertheless, definitely a hefty game.

Also interesting to me that the falloff from #1 to #10 is over 100(!) hours, while the distance between #20 and #10 is just 14 hrs. Taken as a percentage, that's still pretty substantial, but nowhere close to that top 10 slide.
Last edited by Claytone on 05 Aug 2024 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Claytone wrote: 05 Aug 2024 06:16 For some reason I thought I had participated in this, but I guess not! So I guess I'll make my inaugural post.

1. 153 hrs - Persona 5
2. 108 hrs - Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth 🏆
3. 81 hrs - Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
4. 80 hrs - Mortal Kombat 11 🏆
5. 65 hrs - Streets of Rage 4 🏆
6. 63 hrs - Pac-Man Museum+ 🏆
7. 61 hrs - Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
8. 59 hrs - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 🏆
9. 55 hrs - Yakuza: Like a Dragon
10. 47 hrs - Final Fantasy VII 🏆
11. 45hrs - Yakuza 6: The Song of Life 🏆
12. 45 hrs - Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
13. 45 hrs - Death Stranding
14. 42 hrs - Yakuza 5 Remastered
15. 38 hrs - Yakuza 0
16. 38 hrs - Marvel's Spider-Man 🏆
17. 35 hrs - Judgment
18. 36 hrs - Yakuza Kiwami
19. 34 hrs - Yakuza Kiwami 2
20. 33 hrs - MLB The Show 17

🏆 Indicates that a platinum trophy was earned

My initial reaction is that my times are, uhh, quite different from y'all's lol. I should probably start by noting that I make a concerted effort not to idle my games (and did so even in the PS4 era when I didn't know they were tracking it). I also am the only user of my account, and I very seldom play any multiplayer games on PlayStation. So these should be a reasonably good measure of the kind of single-player hours I'm putting in (although I have personally noticed some wonkiness and over/underreporting by PS and have heard similar anecdotes from others, but it generally seems correct). The only one that seems a little high to me is P5. I recall my save file time coming in right around 100. Even accounting for party wipes that might not have been counted on that time or wiki browsing for strategy purposes while the game was booted, I just don't see where another 50 hours could've come from. Nevertheless, definitely a heft game.

Also interesting to me that the falloff from #1 to #10 is over 100(!) hours, while the distance between #20 and #10 is just 14 hrs. Taken as a percentage, that's still pretty substantial, but nowhere close to that top 10 slide.
I like the platinum trophy indicator! That's a great idea that I might adopt.

I'll note that the only games I've spend any measurable time idling in are the MMOs (Destiny and FFXIV), and those games are going to have a LOT of hours even not counting idling, and idling is kind of still participating in the game in its own way (showing off glams/fashion to passers-by, accumulating chat log to read, etc.). So I think even the bloated hours on those two games are accurate and fairly representative.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Kong Wen wrote: 05 Aug 2024 17:48 I'll note that the only games I've spend any measurable time idling in are the MMOs (Destiny and FFXIV), and those games are going to have a LOT of hours even not counting idling, and idling is kind of still participating in the game in its own way (showing off glams/fashion to passers-by, accumulating chat log to read, etc.). So I think even the bloated hours on those two games are accurate and fairly representative.
Yeah, I'm not saying those are necessarily unrepresentative hours or anything! Just not behaviors I ever exhibit. Certainly they are hours spent not playing another PlayStation game, which is also meaningful!

As for the plats, taking stock of them like this is further confirmation to me that platina have definitely gotten easier over the years. It seems rarer and rarer these days to see a platinum that truly requires you to do everything a game has to offer. The Like a Dragon games are a perfect example. The older ones required you to do fucking everything on the completion list, which included seriously grindy things like playing every minigame a certain number of times (and other checkboxes for actually doing well at them), all side quests, max out skills/exp, etc. They also required you to rebeat the game on the hardest difficulty that only unlocks after a first clear. The more recent ones (ie, starting with Y6) take more of a "do all the substantial stuff" approach, which I find much more appealing. The "beat this long ass game again" requirements of the older ones were really anathema to me. I can't stand that shit.

It's interesting, though, because I had no real problem tackling the 108-hour platinum of Infinite Wealth because it could all be done in one playthrough (with maybe some cleanup in post-game free play), but the idea of playing all the way through FFVIIR again for that plat just sounds awful to me, even though it took you just 99 hours to get the plat (if that time is up to date). Not sure why that is, especially since I had no such aversion with short games like Tony Hawk and Streets of Rage 4. Those games require you to play through them (or at least their constituent stages) countless times, a notion I didn't even flinch at. Weird! Brains are really something. :)
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Claytone wrote: 06 Aug 2024 16:56 As for the plats, taking stock of them like this is further confirmation to me that platina have definitely gotten easier over the years. It seems rarer and rarer these days to see a platinum that truly requires you to do everything a game has to offer. The Like a Dragon games are a perfect example. The older ones required you to do fucking everything on the completion list, which included seriously grindy things like playing every minigame a certain number of times (and other checkboxes for actually doing well at them), all side quests, max out skills/exp, etc. They also required you to rebeat the game on the hardest difficulty that only unlocks after a first clear. The more recent ones (ie, starting with Y6) take more of a "do all the substantial stuff" approach, which I find much more appealing. The "beat this long ass game again" requirements of the older ones were really anathema to me. I can't stand that shit.
There were easy/brainded plats back in the PS3 days as well. It's interesting to see how they developed within a single series like Yak though. I agree about playing through a whole ass game twice, though. Nasty requirement for a trophy. I've done it a few times.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Kong Wen wrote: 07 Aug 2024 02:23 There were easy/brainded plats back in the PS3 days as well. It's interesting to see how they developed within a single series like Yak though. I agree about playing through a whole ass game twice, though. Nasty requirement for a trophy. I've done it a few times.
It's not just Yak. I think plats for SIE games have also gotten easier. The first EA Sports title I played after years away from them had a wayyy easier platinum than older titles. More recent Atari Recharged titles have dropped their co-op requirements from their plats, and more smaller downloadable titles like those Recharged games that mightn't have had plats at all during the PS3 and PS4 years are getting them now, too. Maybe it's just happening noticeably in the specific cross section of stuff I play, but I think I see at least a slight trend.

And don't get me wrong; it's just a trend I'm describing. :) Still plenty of "fuck that"-tier plats on games these days that I will never come close to getting. But overall I feel like that is happening less than it used to, at least among the games I play.
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Claytone wrote: 13 Aug 2024 20:00
Kong Wen wrote: 07 Aug 2024 02:23 There were easy/brainded plats back in the PS3 days as well. It's interesting to see how they developed within a single series like Yak though. I agree about playing through a whole ass game twice, though. Nasty requirement for a trophy. I've done it a few times.
It's not just Yak. I think plats for SIE games have also gotten easier. The first EA Sports title I played after years away from them had a wayyy easier platinum than older titles. More recent Atari Recharged titles have dropped their co-op requirements from their plats, and more smaller downloadable titles like those Recharged games that mightn't have had plats at all during the PS3 and PS4 years are getting them now, too. Maybe it's just happening noticeably in the specific cross section of stuff I play, but I think I see at least a slight trend.

And don't get me wrong; it's just a trend I'm describing. :) Still plenty of "fuck that"-tier plats on games these days that I will never come close to getting. But overall I feel like that is happening less than it used to, at least among the games I play.
I only used Yak as an example of it being interesting to trace the development of trophy sets within a single series over time.

In the PS3 days, Sony literally had regulations on the kinds of games that were allowed to have platinum trophies. Smaller indie or PSN games were only budgeted a certain number of trophy "points" but this began changing in the PS4 era.

I'm sure there were some growing pains and maturation of design sensibility in trophy list design early on, too. At first they were just seen as challenges or checklists. But game players (and game devs) had some pretty vocal discourse about bad trophies, or just including shit because you "had" to etc. I think there's still a lot of that going on now, but people also kind of have a better idea of what works or what is appealing now too.