Amiibo

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Re: Amiibo

Post by kitroplious »

Well at least amiibo definately makes up for the miss of Pokémon Rumble U figures, which was absent in Canada (at least at GameStop/EB Games) last year.

Hopefully, we'll see a few more amiibos announced in the future, but 18 is definitely a good start!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

kitroplious wrote:Well at least amiibo definately makes up for the miss of Pokémon Rumble U figures, which was absent in Canada (at least at GameStop/EB Games) last year.

Hopefully, we'll see a few more amiibos announced in the future, but 18 is definitely a good start!
I didn't know we didn't get those.

The Smash Bros Direct shed a little more like on the Smash Bros. functionality of the Amiibo's, and I'm a little more excited for them now.

You play with the Amiibo's and teach them to play how you play. So if you don't play with items your Amiibo won't know how to use items, and if you use a lot of aerial attacks your Amiibo will learn to do that as well. You can feed them custom equipment to boost their stats and level them up as well. You can use them in a variety of modes apparently. If you can use them for 2 player Classic/All-star I'll be very excited. I don't usually have anyone to play local classic with me, and even if it was online I probably wouldn't find any friends to do that either. I think Amiibo is the perfect buddy to help you through those modes.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

All first wave amiibos have been pre-ordered. I fully paid for the Mario amiibo yesterday.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Link looks a little tipsy compared to the original model, I hope he isn't this slanted when he hits retail
Here's Marth, looks like he went down a bit in quality as well, but still fine (his sad sword)
Mario still looks good though, it seems like characters with less defined features turned out better
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Here's a better picture of Link - better sword and better angle for his face
Samus looks good
I love Kirby from behind, he looks like he's actually just face down :P
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

It will be interesting to see what the connectivity will be for Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker since it was announced as compatible yet doesn't contain a single amiibo figure.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Captain Toad will be getting Amiibo support in an update next year, so I guess we'll find out then.

Kind of lame that Amiibo is acting more so like locked DLC, but for someone who owns the figures these little features add up. I think I'll get the Link Amiibo now.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

A new batch was recently revealed, to be released in February 2015.. Here's the whole lineup so far. Even though I think these things are an atrocious concept, I'll probably end up getting the Ike and Mega Man ones and not use them for their AR purposes, just because I enjoy their respective games and they'll make nice figurines.

ImageImage

Fortunately, these two are a couple of the more attractive amoeba (they don't have clear plastic rods up their asses, etc.).
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Kong Wen wrote:Even though I think these things are an atrocious concept, I'll probably end up getting the Ike and Mega Man ones and not use them for their AR purposes, just because I enjoy their respective games and they'll make nice figurines.
I'm pretty sure that's the thought process for a lot of people. Their integration even in my beloved Smash Bros. is not especially interesting to me. I just want Captain Falcon because literally no other F-Zero merchandise exists in the world (that's a slight exaggeration, but VERY slight).
You got BOOST power!