Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:But if you're going to I would buy the adapter sooner rather than later, it appears to be low in stock everywhere and who knows how long they'll make them for.
I have a sneaking suspicion they may try to make use of the peripheral for other purposes, so I don't think we'll see it disappear anytime soon. Even if they don't, they expect SSBfWU to become a 10M-seller or something, so it has to have at least a bit of a retail shelf life.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:But if you're going to I would buy the adapter sooner rather than later, it appears to be low in stock everywhere and who knows how long they'll make them for.
I have a sneaking suspicion they may try to make use of the peripheral for other purposes, so I don't think we'll see it disappear anytime soon. Even if they don't, they expect SSBfWU to become a 10M-seller or something, so it has to have at least a bit of a retail shelf life.
I would think, especially given how much their promoting it. It still seems limited stock with most retailers only ordering enough for pre-orders. Give it a week or two I suppose!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

The Shoemaker wrote:Very nearly done the challenge board, only some very tedious ones left like clear classic/all-atar with all characters
I don't think I can ever bring myself to do any of the "beat this with everybody" challenges. There just isn't enough time in my life left for that. Anyway, my WiiU version arrived. Fight me.

I don't know how friend codes or whatever work on WiiU but my Nintendo name is Spore124 my Mii name is Bospangle. Or is it the other way around?
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Spore wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Very nearly done the challenge board, only some very tedious ones left like clear classic/all-atar with all characters
I don't think I can ever bring myself to do any of the "beat this with everybody" challenges. There just isn't enough time in my life left for that. Anyway, my WiiU version arrived. Fight me.

I don't know how friend codes or whatever work on WiiU but my Nintendo name is Spore124 my Mii name is Bospangle. Or is it the other way around?
I'm very nearly done classic so I don't mind, just do 2-3 characters a day. If possible I want to hammer out the all-stars one because it's very boring. Depends if 9.0 classic and Hard All-star are that difficult. If not I can probably hammer the all star one plus the one with all custom moves and powers.

My copy should come in today, so I might find some time. You're NNID is probably Spore124, which you use to add people.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I just got my Wii U copy. I really like the music and the online is much smoother.

Not sure about the Gamepad/Pro controller yet actually. I'm just not used to using a joystick, so much movement compared to the circle pad. I should be able to get used to it.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

The Shoemaker wrote:I just got my Wii U copy. I really like the music and the online is much smoother.
I'm impressed about the online as well. It was a pain connecting online back in the "Brawl" days on Wii.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I'll be up for playing some TONe matches tonight. Who is around? Spore? Shoe? Clay?
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Kong Wen wrote:I'll be up for playing some TONe matches tonight. Who is around? Spore? Shoe? Clay?
I'm around but I need the game! :-(
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I could probably sneak away some time for a match.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Early impressions so far are that the stages are very dynamic. All the stages I played with Kong and Spore today had multiple variations to the stage layout and constantly kept me on my toes trying my best to keep up with the stage. Pretty fun!

Also basically lag free with 3 people playing with a few hiccups here and there. We might be able to make 4 player tournaments work if that's our thing.