TONe Mario Kart 8 League

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: TONe Mario Kart 8 League

Post by Kong Wen »

Kreegs wrote:Frankly, I would like for someone else to win one!!!! I am not going to take a dive, but Merlin was super close!!! Make items more intense perhaps??
I have won one against you! And Merlin has won one when you weren't there.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Kong Wen wrote:
Kreegs wrote:Frankly, I would like for someone else to win one!!!! I am not going to take a dive, but Merlin was super close!!! Make items more intense perhaps??
I have won one against you! And Merlin has won one when you weren't there.
That's true! I forgot about that because Mrs. K played too and she was kind of moody...
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I think you just know the courses the best Kreegs! It just shows how much practise you put into the game. I fumbled so much the last time we played because I kept trying to make the short cuts work or would forget which way to turn :lol:
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

It's good to read everyone's opinion on the matter, don't want it to be a discussion once we're "getting serious" in 2015. :) Hope to see more participants before 2015 though, especially from the EU front. Splitting in 2 or 3 groups sounds fair, just don't sign me up for 5pm central ;)

I had more luck last sunday during the first 12 races, when we raced with Trap the 2nd half was bad. Don't know if I'll use my Wii Mii the next time, but it felt like I had more control than when I used Shy Guy. Will have to practice some more with different characters to see the difference.
Grt. Merlin

SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kreegs wrote:
MerlinDrazziw wrote:Don't know if that example will work well enough. It's just that the tracks raced on and the opponents (even cpu) make all the difference in the final score. Comparing times on same tracks is impossible, so it's just the points you get in the league. The fun factor is most important, having all participants in the same races would be utlimate fun, but it's still a competition.

Don't mean to make this a big issue, just thought to bring it to attention so others can give their opinion. For me it's fun first, fair competition second.

As for fun factor, is it an option to pre choose a combination of character, vehicle, tires and glider with which we all race each week? Would be confusing telling each other apart, but we would race with equal stats.
I would rather we each can race with the kart options we want. If we are getting that detailed, then we would have to all race on the same tracks in the same order... Again like you said, its more about the fun than the points.

That being said, ideally, it would be best if we established 2 or 3 different "groups" of racers based on times they are available. People would have to sign up for a time slot on the forum and stick to it. (This would work better once we have more racers). This way, people don't have to worry about strange formulas and what not. In the end though, it doesnt really matter to me if someone sweeps the 15's in a small group. It is a lot like the game of Mario Kart in general: It is not always the best racer that wins every time.

Example

Group 1 agrees on 5pm central time on Friday
Kong
Kreegs
Shoe
Merlin

Group 2 agrees on 10am Central time Saturday
Slurm
EvilDevil
Trapster
Clay

Group 3 agrees on 2pm Central time on Sunday
Random person 1
Random person 2
Random Person 3
Random Person 4

All it takes is 1 or 2 people who have more flexible times to fill up the group that needs more people. We could maybe make this a Google Doc or something so people could see when their time is. This way we can avoid the crazy point conversion formula.

Will people freak out if 1 extra person shows up in their group? - I sure hope not!

Thoughts?
Central Time being America or Europe?

As Central Time in America

10am Saturday is 3am Sunday here. Which wouldn't work.
5pm Friday is 10am Saturday here. Which would work.
2pm Sunday is 7am Monday here. Which wouldn't work.

Central Time in Europe though

10am Saturday is 8pm Saturday here. Which would work.
5pm Friday is 3am Saturday here. Which wouldn't work.
2pm Sunday is Midnight Sunday Night here. Which might work.

Edit: also why does it matter Kreeg is going to win anyway.
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Central (standard) time is NA. Otherwise it would be central european time. But if we split in 2 or more groups (with enough players), each group can decide on a time that works best (and be flexible about it). 3pm CST would be the latest I would race, as that's 10pm CET. Your evening would be my afternoon, but may be too early for NA. Evening in NA would be next day morning/afternoon for you? But too early next day for EU (of for me anyway). Kreegs just made an example, not a fixed choice ;)
Grt. Merlin

SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:Central (standard) time is NA. Otherwise it would be central european time. But if we split in 2 or more groups (with enough players), each group can decide on a time that works best (and be flexible about it). 3pm CST would be the latest I would race, as that's 10pm CET. Your evening would be my afternoon, but may be too early for NA. Evening in NA would be next day morning/afternoon for you? But too early next day for EU (of for me anyway). Kreegs just made an example, not a fixed choice ;)
I thought he meant CST but he put me in a 3am my time time slot so got confused.

Put me down for the 5pm Friday CST one.
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Slurmee wrote:Put me down for the 5pm Friday CST one.
There is no 5pm Friday CST one. There is no any of these. This is all speculation. :)
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Kong Wen wrote:
Slurmee wrote:Put me down for the 5pm Friday CST one.
There is no 5pm Friday CST one. There is no any of these. This is all speculation. :)
YES Kong! It was just a random example. Those times are not good for anyone! I was just filling random names for random times.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

As punishment for confusing everyone lets condemn Kreegs to the 4am central slot from now on. ;)
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons