Mario Kart 8 Q/A

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Re: Mario Kart 8 Q/A

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Last few weeks, it has been mostly on sunday evening at 22:00h CET. That's 3pm central time for Kreegs. But last sunday, we were racing earlier as agreed on in the league thread. Sunday 3pm central might already be real early on monday morning for you. So if you want to race on a more convenient time, just say when you would like to race and we can see if some EU and/or NA participents can join you for the league.

You can check here for timedifferences.
Grt. Merlin

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

The problem with "Error Code: 104-1852 (Unable to Upload a Mario Kart 8 Highlight Reel)" should be solved with an available Wii U system update. I'll check tonight if I can upload again. Unfortunatedly, I don't have the highlight reel anymore that I wanted to upload. :(
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:The problem with "Error Code: 104-1852 (Unable to Upload a Mario Kart 8 Highlight Reel)" should be solved with an available Wii U system update. I'll check tonight if I can upload again. Unfortunatedly, I don't have the highlight reel anymore that I wanted to upload. :(
Sweet, I have my one race against Kreegs I want to upload.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

The Shoemaker wrote:
MerlinDrazziw wrote:The problem with "Error Code: 104-1852 (Unable to Upload a Mario Kart 8 Highlight Reel)" should be solved with an available Wii U system update. I'll check tonight if I can upload again. Unfortunatedly, I don't have the highlight reel anymore that I wanted to upload. :(
Sweet, I have my one race against Kreegs I want to upload.
...may be hidden in your replay section, guys. :P
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Just tested the video upload: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWe-GYQa8Ys
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I really wish they would let you export the videos, too (even just to a card or something). I'd be tempted to edit together some split-screen composites of our races. :)
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

You can export them once uploaded to Youtube. Not the direct way, but still an option. Uploading takes a lot of time though, with 10 replayable highlight reels in MK TV channel, you would have to quit the tournament after 10 races to be able to upload them all and then race the final 2 ... no matter if we would each upload a couple of races.
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:You can export them once uploaded to Youtube. Not the direct way, but still an option. Uploading takes a lot of time though, with 10 replayable highlight reels in MK TV channel, you would have to quit the tournament after 10 races to be able to upload them all and then race the final 2 ... no matter if we would each upload a couple of races.
Yeah, processing four clips to hell through an upload, then re-downloading them, editing, and re-processing is an awful option unfortunately.

I mean, I totally get that that's not really what MKTV is for—it's just a quick little fun way to share silly short videos. I just wish we could do more with it. :)
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
MerlinDrazziw wrote:You can export them once uploaded to Youtube. Not the direct way, but still an option. Uploading takes a lot of time though, with 10 replayable highlight reels in MK TV channel, you would have to quit the tournament after 10 races to be able to upload them all and then race the final 2 ... no matter if we would each upload a couple of races.
Yeah, processing four clips to hell through an upload, then re-downloading them, editing, and re-processing is an awful option unfortunately.

I mean, I totally get that that's not really what MKTV is for—it's just a quick little fun way to share silly short videos. I just wish we could do more with it. :)
That's sort of the essence of Mario kart 8 isn't it? "I just wish I could do more with it!" ;)
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:That's sort of the essence of Mario kart 8 isn't it? "I just wish I could do more with it!" ;)
Haha, very astute! :neon: