Resogun

Sony discussion, including PS3, PS4, Vita, PS VR, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Mobile, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, PlayStation TV, and Trophies.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Resogun

Post by Kong Wen »

According to the PS Blog, Housemarque's PS4 launch shmup Resogun will be getting a free update tomorrow that adds a ship editor, local co-op, and a handful of additional trophies. They're also patching some exploits.

This free update paves the way for the more content-rich paid expansion Heroes coming out next week, which will add additional game modes, new levels, even more trophies, etc.

I consder Resogun to be one of the best games on PS4 right now. I think some people overlook it because it's a digital title, a PS+ freebie, or a niche genre, but it's one of the handful of games that shows off the ways in which the new hardware surpasses the previous generation.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Free Resogun Update, 22 June

Post by Kong Wen »

There's another (really brief) free update. If you play Resogun between yesterday and tomorrow you'll unlock a new skin for the humans in the game: a pirate! They even make pirate noises when they're freed, shot, and rescued.

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Resogun

Post by Kong Wen »

Resogun is getting ported to Vita!!!

This is great news for portable lovers, but to be honest, I can't imagine it being anywhere near as good as it is on PS4. You have to see it to believe it. But the core gameplay experience will still be lovely on the Vita. :)
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Resogun

Post by Kong Wen »

Here's more news on the Vita (and PS3) release: they're coming on 23 December, and will run at 30 instead of 60 fps. It'll be $14.99, cross-buy (which also means if you already have the PS4 version, you can get these two for free), and cross-save.