SSI reincarnated!

A place to discuss PC gaming, including software, client platforms such as Galaxy, Origin, Steam, and Uplay, and hardware like Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: SSI reincarnated!

Post by Kong Wen »

Kiwi, the presser was filled to the brim with that kind of marketing mumbo-jumbo—I already trimmed a lot of it when I pasted it over here! It was pretty over the top. Lots of stuff about setting a new standard, taking the next step, a compelling experience, etc.

I'm not sure why they thought they should mention Unity3D.

Their website is live now and there's a budding forum as well. All of the press info for the new game is laid out there as well.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

TSI games have revealed on Twitter that the Kickstarter campaign to help fund Seven Dragon Saga will be bumped back to 2015 to give them more time to plan and prepare.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

They just launched their Kickstarter for Seven Dragon Saga. I haven't read through the whole thing yet.
Niahak

Post by Niahak »

The pitch seems interesting (RPG with some strategic-ish elements), but I'm not sure I'm convinced yet.

I liked what I played of the Gold Box games back in the day (and enjoyed the original MMORPG Neverwinter Nights too), but I'm a little skeptical by default of the "team from 20 years ago comes back together" style pitches.

$25 does seem like a pretty reasonable asking price, though, so I may end up going for it.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Niahak wrote:The pitch seems interesting (RPG with some strategic-ish elements), but I'm not sure I'm convinced yet.

I liked what I played of the Gold Box games back in the day (and enjoyed the original MMORPG Neverwinter Nights too), but I'm a little skeptical by default of the "team from 20 years ago comes back together" style pitches.

$25 does seem like a pretty reasonable asking price, though, so I may end up going for it.
I think I share your skepticism. I was (and remain) excited by the concept of Gold Box developers returning to their roots to create something similar, but I don't think this is the kind of game I would normally Kickstart. I'll probably just be patient and wait until it comes out normally.
Pluvius
Owner of Steam
Owner of Steam

Post by Pluvius »

This is the kind of game I'd Kickstart, but not for $25. And no Steam = no buy.

Rob
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Pluvius wrote:This is the kind of game I'd Kickstart, but not for $25. And no Steam = no buy.
Yeah, I think that kind of factors into what I mean. Just as happy to wait until it comes out, see if I think it's worth $25 at that time (because I'm sure a lot of details will change by then), and if not, hit it when it goes on sale.
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Post by Kiwi the Tortoise »

I just looked at the kickstarter again.

I hope it works out, since I would like to see a new take on the (very modular) main Gold Box titles.
Right now, I am worried though. The campaign reminds me a bit of the one by the ex-SirTech members and their plan to make a classical RPG without much info about it (and the bizarre "We make two games"-stretch goal).

I hope they put out a bit clearer and concrete info on their concepts and plans soon.
Kiwi the TORT joins the Shining Force!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kiwi the Tortoise wrote:Right now, I am worried though. The campaign reminds me a bit of the one by the ex-SirTech members and their plan to make a classical RPG without much info about it (and the bizarre "We make two games"-stretch goal).

I hope they put out a bit clearer and concrete info on their concepts and plans soon.
They suspended the Kickstarter, in large part due to concerns like yours.
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

Wow, I'd love a return to the old SSI days. Dark Sun: Wake Of The Ravager to this day is still my favourite of the bunch.