E3 Mega Thread 2015

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: E3 Mega Thread

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote:Nintendo announced the treehouse again I barely watched any of it live but watched the YouTube videos later I'm pretty hyped about that as it was really well done last year.

I couldn't care less about the World (exclusive to America) Championship. Never been huge into e sports and the fact it's US only and they stick the word world on it is stupid. Just reinforces that America think they're the most important part of the world and the world leaders.

Nintendos conference is at 2am again for me. Why can't LA be in the east coast so it starts at 11pm.
I really liked the Treehouse last year. It was great to have a stream that ran all day with good quality footage, and consistantly new footage for the most part.

Sounds like the Nintendo World Championship is more so just carrying on the name invented 25 years ago, not sure what to expect though. Enjoyed the Smash tournaments last year.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
TheGreatNads
Aspirant

Post by TheGreatNads »

I don't plan on watching E3 conferences, but in cut-up Youtube video form I wouldn't mind seeing more of Street Fighter 5. Particularly I would like to see some new characters. So far they have shown Ryu, Chun Li, and M. Bison, which are all predictable and boring characters, and Charlie, who is also predictable(given we knew he was going to be in before he was shown) and boring, but at least they gave him new moves to make him more interesting.

I'm curious what Square Enix will show but I don't really have strong hopes for anything in particular.

I hope Nintendo does something dumb and funny like they usually do.

Crackdown 3 needs to be shown. Unless I have missed something, they haven't had anything new since last E3, and it's about time they show something.

I would say I would like to see some exciting new IPs, but given the list of people giving conferences, maybe that's hoping too much. I think Square Enix might be the best hope for me and that's a pretty sad statement to utter. I know I'm not going to be interested in anything Bethesda, EA, or Ubisoft does. The console developers tend to show things that aren't published by them, but is any of it likely to be new IPs that will interest me? Probably not. So I don't really have high expectations, because E3 isn't really for people like me.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

The Shoemaker wrote:My other pipe dream is to see Dragon Quest VII and VIII on 3DS localized. Never played them, but I know there's a lot of people waiting for them outside of japan and I wouldn't mind giving them a shot.
If you ever do get the chance definitely consider playing them. They're both amazing games. And, for what it's worth, quite different from each other.
Should I live my life a lie?
Could I be less alive?
Shall I bask in God's light?
Shall I fall one more time?
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

I forgot to mention No Man's Sky. I'm dying for that game and hope we'll get an update or release date or a new trailer or something.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

I want to see good video games announced.

Most of all, I want to see F-Zero announced.

But mostly just any good video games. That sounds nice.
You got BOOST power!
TheGreatNads
Aspirant

Post by TheGreatNads »

I now remember that Scalebound game which was announced last E3. I would hope to see gameplay for that. Platinum Games are also rumored to be showing something new, so I'm curious about that too. Hopefully it's not something by the Madworld/Anarchy Reigns team.

Also, while it's going to be a bomb of a game that reviews horribly, I wouldn't mind seeing more gameplay of that Devil's Third game which will be out in a couple of months. I liked the Ninja Gaiden games which had the same designer, so I have some hope that it will be a fun kill people game.

Just Cause 3 would be another game I would be curious about. I never played Just Cause 2 except for the demo which I didn't like, but that game did offer a lot of crazy gameplay that I might be able to get into in a more polished sequel.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

There are rumours going around that Bungie will be revealing their major Destiny expansion, apparently titled "The Taken King" and set for release on 15 September. This will be a feature-content expansion costing $40 and seems set to feature 2-3 times as much content as each of the previous "minor" expansions, as well as some significant new mechanical additions (including new subclasses for each player class). I'm really looking forward to hearing more!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:There are rumours going around that Bungie will be revealing their major Destiny expansion, apparently titled "The Taken King" and set for release on 15 September. This will be a feature-content expansion costing $40 and seems set to feature 2-3 times as much content as each of the previous "minor" expansions, as well as some significant new mechanical additions (including new subclasses for each player class). I'm really looking forward to hearing more!
I`ve heard rumours of that as well. I wonder though, is the substantial DLC strategy more effective than simply releasing Destiny 2?

There was a trailer for Hyrule Warriors 3DS today (just a port of the Wii U version essentially), some are saying it was a leak but I'm not sure. Seems to be a lot of info coming out pre-E3 this year. With the Micro Nintendo direct last week, Fallout 4, Monster Hunter X ect.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:There are rumours going around that Bungie will be revealing their major Destiny expansion, apparently titled "The Taken King" and set for release on 15 September. This will be a feature-content expansion costing $40 and seems set to feature 2-3 times as much content as each of the previous "minor" expansions, as well as some significant new mechanical additions (including new subclasses for each player class). I'm really looking forward to hearing more!
I`ve heard rumours of that as well. I wonder though, is the substantial DLC strategy more effective than simply releasing Destiny 2?
For a game like this with a living/persistent community, definitely. This isn't an annual franchise like Call of Duty, so it's important for them to keep people playing through their content cycles. Even though the game is far from an MMO, they're using the MMO expansion model here, and it's been working quite well so far. The latest expansion is a few weeks old, and it's pretty awesome. Since Destiny 2 is going to be a new game, they're going to be able to update the engine and mechanics a lot more, and they'll probably cut the PS3 and X360 loose at that time. It would be nuts to scrap the whole Destiny 1 framework a mere year after release when it serves as a good platform for a couple games worth of content.

Another interesting thing I noticed while scanning the PS Blog. Sony is going to have booths set up to support The Banner Saga and Super Meat Boy!

Woot!

Source
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
TheGreatNads
Aspirant

Post by TheGreatNads »

The Shoemaker wrote:I`ve heard rumours of that as well. I wonder though, is the substantial DLC strategy more effective than simply releasing Destiny 2?
I'm pretty sure Destiny took a whole lot of money and time(over 4 years maybe) to develop. I doubt a big piece of DLC can even be compared. Seems like releasing a new game would be less economical.