Theme Shop for the HOME Menu (Nintendo systems)

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Theme Shop for the HOME Menu (Nintendo systems)

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:I have noticed that the themes—even the basic free colour ones—slow down the boot-up a slight amount. It's not really enough to be annoying. Unfortunately, I still haven't found a theme that's not a garish nightmare yet. Sprites and art all over the screen with little regard for subtlety or accent. It's one of the same reasons I don't use PS3/PS4/Vita themes.
Yeah I'm assuming this feature will run more smoothly on the new 3DS. Not slow enough for me to take it off though.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Christmas themes for the Mario and Animal Crossing series are coming to Europe (and possibly everyone else) this week.

ImageImage
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I know they won't, but i really want the ornaments on the top screen to move when you tilt the system.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Tomodachi Life gets its first theme in Europe this week, as "Tomodachi Life - Speech Bubble". Mario's Mighty Moustache and Luigi's Mighty Mustache follows it...

These themes above are €1.99/£1.79. More simple pattern themes from Nintendo too at €0.99/£0.89.

There's also a couple third party theme content as well -- one from Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D (Those who purchase the related game will get that theme for free; reg. €1.49/£1.39), and the Sonic Bundle drom SEGA USA [€5.99/£5.39].
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Post by pdSlooper »

The Shoemaker wrote:I really like my Pikmin theme. When you move between pages the top screen scrolls and the bottom skin Bulborb moves his eyes and licks his lips.
I hate that almost all the themes so far have huge art on the bottom screen. They seem to be designed under the assumption that you have your folders set up in a single row. The AC:NL Bulletin Board theme seems to be the major exception.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

pdSlooper wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:I really like my Pikmin theme. When you move between pages the top screen scrolls and the bottom skin Bulborb moves his eyes and licks his lips.
I hate that almost all the themes so far have huge art on the bottom screen. They seem to be designed under the assumption that you have your folders set up in a single row. The AC:NL Bulletin Board theme seems to be the major exception.
It seems like most of the animation is on the bottom screen for some reason, but the only other two I have are the Link Between Worlds one and the free one for Sonic Boom and both of them have the art up top.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

This eShop title called Collectable Badge Centre was released in Japan the other day. In it you can win badges and icons you can decorate your home menu with. It costs money to try and win the badges, but you're given 5 or so free tries within a day. The badges are of Nintendo characters and they can decorate your menu or even individual apps. I wonder how long it will be until we get this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA0E751i3pk
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

Anyone who downloads Metal Gear Solid 3D off the eShop gets the MGS theme for free
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I've gotten a few themes since I've last posted. I now have Link Between Worlds, Pikmin, Sonic Boom (free), Monster Hunter (free), Codename STEAM and recently got Splatoon Fresh Squids as well, to celebrate my love of the game :lol: