Hockey Thread! (NHL etc.)

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Re: Hockey Thread! (NHL etc.)

Post by kitroplious »

Slurmee wrote:Nashville look promising. Fucking Central Division looks promising.
Maybe. Although, they have to get through Chicago, Colorado, and/or St. Louis. They'll be lucky if they can get a wild card spot.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I am VERY thrilled at the signings for the Wild so far this offseason. I especially like the amount of players that now have ties to MN (born here or played college here) that are on our team. Really gives a sense of local pride when cheering on the team!
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

kitroplious wrote:
Slurmee wrote:Nashville look promising. Fucking Central Division looks promising.
Maybe. Although, they have to get through Chicago, Colorado, and/or St. Louis. They'll be lucky if they can get a wild card spot.
Don't remind me. Frankly, all I'm looking for are baby steps at this point. Anything north of sucking big time would be fine with me.
Kreegs wrote:I am VERY thrilled at the signings for the Wild so far this offseason. I especially like the amount of players that now have ties to MN (born here or played college here) that are on our team. Really gives a sense of local pride when cheering on the team!
That's really is awesome. This has always been why I've enjoyed college athletics above all. I enjoy my pro teams, but I feel some sort of legitimate tie to, in my case, Georgia Tech's teams and players that makes the games that much more emotional, so it's really cool that the Wild have managed to accumulate some local talent.
You got BOOST power!
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Colorado looks a little weaker without Statsny plus Oreilly nor Barrie aren't signed. If we lose Barrie and Oreilly we're screwed.
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Slurmee wrote:Colorado looks a little weaker without Statsny plus Oreilly nor Barrie aren't signed. If we lose Barrie and Oreilly we're screwed.
If only Roy was back in the net...! ;)
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

kitroplious wrote:
Slurmee wrote:Colorado looks a little weaker without Statsny plus Oreilly nor Barrie aren't signed. If we lose Barrie and Oreilly we're screwed.
If only Roy was back in the net...! ;)
Varly>2014 Quality In net Roy
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I'd like to congratulate the CBR Brave from the Australian Ice Hockey League for fighting back after their owner left them for dead. Not only did they find the money and volunteers to keep the club going but they've just broken their most points in a regular season for any Canberra based team in the AIHL.

CBR Brave currently have 36 points and their old record for 35 points in 2005. Brave still have 8 games remaining. If they win 5 of their next 8 games they'll hit 50 points and be a close to solid lock at making the finals for the first time ever.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

The New Jersey Devils will be interesting to watch now, after Martin Brodeur appears to not be [playing] with them anymore. I doubt this is going to happen, but I hope New Jersey and Chicago meet up in the Stanley Cup Final and/or regular season game anytime soon, for the battle of the Quennevilles! (Providing John plays this year for NJ; Joel coaching).
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

kitroplious wrote: If only Roy was back in the net...! ;)
Last shot Roy faced was a goal by the Wild to end his career ;)
I intend to live forever, or die trying
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Kreegs wrote:Last shot Roy faced was a goal by the Wild to end his career ;)
That actually felt kind of funny when the Avalanche played the Wild this past year and lost game 7; I'm sure it brought back memories! :)