2015 Canadian Federal Election

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Jordan

Re: 2015 Canadian Federal Election

Post by Jordan »

Glorious Emperor Stephen Harper will crush these upstarts. Muclair seems like he's falling out of favor as the left wises up and decides not to split the vote. I think Trudeau has a good shot now, but Harper could easily come back.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

This happens tomorrow, folks. Remember to get out and vote. If you work, your employer is obligated to give you time off for voting. If you don't have a voter card, bring extra ID! Good luck, and have fun!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Post by Kiwi the Tortoise »

Jordan wrote:Glorious Emperor Stephen Harper will crush these upstarts. Muclair seems like he's falling out of favor as the left wises up and decides not to split the vote. I think Trudeau has a good shot now, but Harper could easily come back.
Yeah, but will Jon Snow return or not?
Winter is coming soon.
Kiwi the TORT joins the Shining Force!
Pluvius
Owner of Steam
Owner of Steam

Post by Pluvius »

Kong Wen wrote:If you work, your employer is obligated to give you time off for voting. If you don't have a voter card, bring extra ID!
Your voting policies sound oddly sensible. How do your betters ensure that the right candidate wins?

Rob
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Vote for Emperor Harper or you're fired.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I guess it's worth posting, even though I was filling the chat with it yesterday. We elected the Liberal party to a majority government. They took 184 seats, the incumbent Conservatives took 99 seats with Stephen Harper stepping down as party leader. The NDP dropped from 110 seats to 44. The Bloc Quebecois regained 10 seats, and Elizabeth May of the Green Party won her seat again.

A Liberal majority is certainly not a best-case scenario (as they now have the mandate to govern with little input from the other parties, and little to no impetus to revisit a lot of the damage Harper has done), but the main objective of ousting Harper has been accomplished in a resounding way.

It'll be interesting to see what Trudeau's focus ends up being in a majority scenario.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming