Wasteland 2

A place to discuss PC gaming, including software, client platforms such as Galaxy, Origin, Steam, and Uplay, and hardware like Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Wasteland 2

Post by Kong Wen »

Niahak wrote:Director's cut was released last week. Anybody pick it up?

The PC changes are a little underwhelming, but it's surprisingly fun to replay with more knowledge of how the areas work.

They added "perks" (like Fallout series, periodic bonuses you get every three or four levels) and "quirks" (tradeoffs you set at character creation). Otherwise it looks like rebalances and graphics upgrades for PC, along with controller support.

/edit: I guess if we're talking about "Director's Cut" this might now belong in Misc. Gaming.
Do you think that stuff is pretty much in line with the console version that came out (specifically: controller support)? In other words, do you know if the console version is just this director's cut version, or did they make any more changes and updates to accommodate home console play?
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Niahak

Re: Wasteland 2

Post by Niahak »

Kong Wen wrote: Do you think that stuff is pretty much in line with the console version that came out (specifically: controller support)? In other words, do you know if the console version is just this director's cut version, or did they make any more changes and updates to accommodate home console play?
From what I've heard, the core gameplay is the same on PC or console. PC gets all the same changes for controller play that PS4/XB1 get, in that the interface is the same if you're using a controller. It might run better on console than PC depending on your setup, though.

PC also has the advantage of mods (for example adding to the disappointing number of portraits available).

Also, if you had the PC original, you do get Director's Cut for free.