Rumour claims Nintendo is working on a remaster for 2015

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Sinnthro

Re: Rumour claims Nintendo is working on a remaster for 2015

Post by Sinnthro »

Only thing is, isn't it most likely a Majora's Mask remake would be on the 3DS (not the Wii U)? I mean, it ran on more or less the same engine as Ocarina of Time, and that's already had its engine polished up for the 3DS with the Grezzo remake. Not to mention the Grezzo job listing not too long ago that said “Would you like to make a legend with us?” As much as I'd love to see Majora's Mask given a major upgrade in glorious HD, it's most likely we'd see a smaller scale update on the 3DS.

My bet on the Wii U remaster (if there even is anything in the works) is probably on Super Mario Galaxy 1 and/or 2. There hasn't been a full 3D Mario platformer announced yet for the Wii U so they probably want to fill that gap with something similar. The coming months otherwise only have those Captain Toad and Yoshi's Wooly World games for psuedo Mario platforming action.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Sinnthro wrote:Only thing is, isn't it most likely a Majora's Mask remake would be on the 3DS (not the Wii U)? [...] My bet on the Wii U remaster (if there even is anything in the works) is probably on Super Mario Galaxy 1 and/or 2.
The rumour Slurmie linked didn't say anything about it being a Wii U remaster, though. I'm guessing a Majora's Mask remaster on 3DS is pretty likely.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Sinnthro wrote:Only thing is, isn't it most likely a Majora's Mask remake would be on the 3DS (not the Wii U)? I mean, it ran on more or less the same engine as Ocarina of Time, and that's already had its engine polished up for the 3DS with the Grezzo remake. Not to mention the Grezzo job listing not too long ago that said “Would you like to make a legend with us?” As much as I'd love to see Majora's Mask given a major upgrade in glorious HD, it's most likely we'd see a smaller scale update on the 3DS.

My bet on the Wii U remaster (if there even is anything in the works) is probably on Super Mario Galaxy 1 and/or 2. There hasn't been a full 3D Mario platformer announced yet for the Wii U so they probably want to fill that gap with something similar. The coming months otherwise only have those Captain Toad and Yoshi's Wooly World games for psuedo Mario platforming action.
Super Mario 3D World was great, but it gives me pause that it may take the place of the full blown single player Mario games we've gotten in the past. I doubt it, since Mario is a cash cow, but it is certainly possible.
You got BOOST power!
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I hope it's not MM (I'd still buy it) with Wind Waker and the new zelda coming next year I think I'll be a little over Zelda and having a 3rd one might be an overkill.
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

The remakes doesn't necessarily have to be big games. They could release small remkes digitally and later bundle them on a disc, like the Sports games. The DS Zeldas should work on Wii U.
Grt. Merlin

Starmancer
☆Magic Man☆

Post by Starmancer »

Mario Galaxy HD would make a lot of people happy. All I want if F-Zero GX HD, though.
Last edited by Starmancer on 16 Aug 2014 17:51, edited 2 times in total.
Backloggery

Look Ma, Imma Star!
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

Sinnthro wrote:Only thing is, isn't it most likely a Majora's Mask remake would be on the 3DS (not the Wii U)? I mean, it ran on more or less the same engine as Ocarina of Time, and that's already had its engine polished up for the 3DS with the Grezzo remake. Not to mention the Grezzo job listing not too long ago that said “Would you like to make a legend with us?” As much as I'd love to see Majora's Mask given a major upgrade in glorious HD, it's most likely we'd see a smaller scale update on the 3DS.
You're probably right. It would be much easier (and lazier) for Nintendo to utilise the existing engine to make a 3DS remake (indeed this would pretty much mirror the similar circumstances behind the original game).

MM would sell a 3DS to me (ideally a nice dark purple one)...but is the 3DS the system Nintendo needs to concentrate on selling right now?

It would make a good companion to the forthcoming Wii-U Zelda game though...but I'd still rather see a bold redesign of Majora for Wii-U. It's a game that deserves to be fully appreciated on the big screen. It's mood and feel shouldn't be confined to a portable.
Starmancer
☆Magic Man☆

Post by Starmancer »

Wait, Tides is Sinnthro??? I thought that was my friend's bro...oh wait, he's Mafia Octavia. I thought that was...

It's been a long day.
Backloggery

Look Ma, Imma Star!
Sinnthro

Post by Sinnthro »

Starmancer wrote:Wait, Tides is Sinnthro??? I thought that was my friend's bro...oh wait, he's Mafia Octavia. I thought that was...

It's been a long day.
Haha, that's the risk with name changes. You risk going unrecognized. Isn't that right...er...who are you again? ;)
MerlinDrazziw wrote:The remakes doesn't necessarily have to be big games. They could release small remkes digitally and later bundle them on a disc, like the Sports games. The DS Zeldas should work on Wii U.
That's actually a really good point I hadn't considered. With DS games making their way to the Wii U, there's nothing stopping Nintendo from putting a little extra effort into them and putting out remastered versions more suited for HD screens. Is it wrong for me to wish for a version of Phantom Hourglass that doesn't require going through that Temple of the Ocean King five zillion times?
Kong Wen wrote:The rumour Slurmie linked didn't say anything about it being a Wii U remaster, though. I'm guessing a Majora's Mask remaster on 3DS is pretty likely.
That's true! It just seems like if there's ever a platform that needs any filling in for its release schedule, it would be the Wii U. Then again, it does seem like the 3DS isn't getting as much big N love as it did before younger brother Wii U came along and started drowning while unsupervised. Maybe it needs some more titles in the pipeline.
A Beta Fu7ure wrote:It would make a good companion to the forthcoming Wii-U Zelda game though...but I'd still rather see a bold redesign of Majora for Wii-U. It's a game that deserves to be fully appreciated on the big screen. It's mood and feel shouldn't be confined to a portable.
And yeah, Beta, I agree that Majora's Mask is an experience more suited to a big screen (giant killer moon and all). If only Nintendo was like Sony and had cross-buy games for their home and portable consoles...then we could just have the best of both worlds!
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

Starmancer wrote:Wait, Tides is Sinnthro??? I thought that was my friend's bro...oh wait, he's Mafia Octavia. I thought that was...

It's been a long day.
Just to bring you up to speed. I'm actually goniloc. Check out my ace Youtube videos!

Back to the topic at hand and just to throw it in there, would anyone be pleased if the remaster turned out to be The Last Story.

I really actually thought very highly of that game. I'm pleased to see it now has it's own private server keeping it's online alive but it's another game that would have looked lovely in HD.