Round 1: D is for Debates and Discussions

Archive of nominations, event polls, side-events, discussion threads, and results from the 2015-16 "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project.

What game should be allowed to rise above its lowly status to frolic in the next round?

Poll ended at 19 Sep 2015 20:14

1993 - Dark Sun: Shattered Lands - PC
10%
1999 - Pokémon Snap - N64
19%
1999 - Half-Life: Opposing Force - PC
10%
2000 - Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes - Arcade/PS2
12%
2001 - Ikaruga - Arcade
5%
2008 - Armored Core: For Answer - Multiplatform
7%
2008 - Audiosurf - PC
14%
2011 - Serious Sam 3: BFE - PC
10%
2012 - Heroes of Ruin - 3DS
No votes
2012 - Thomas Was Alone - PC
14%

Total votes: 42

Jordan

Re: Round 1: D is for Debates and Discussions

Post by Jordan »

I've played Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Half Life, Armored Core, Pokemon Snap and Serious Sam 3. I haven't played the others, and while the ones I listed were ok, I voted for Pokemon Snap because I oddly had the most fun with it. Even though it was a short game and not a particularly deep game, I thought it was enjoyable. It's probably one of the best Pokemon spinoff games they've made, as most of them are total shit.
TheGreatNads
Aspirant

Post by TheGreatNads »

Jordan wrote:I've played Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Half Life, Armored Core, Pokemon Snap and Serious Sam 3. I haven't played the others, and while the ones I listed were ok, I voted for Pokemon Snap because I oddly had the most fun with it. Even though it was a short game and not a particularly deep game, I thought it was enjoyable. It's probably one of the best Pokemon spinoff games they've made, as most of them are total shit.
Really? I think Pokémon Pinball was playable, and the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games are supposed to be pretty good. I'd rather play those than Pokémon Snap, which is boring even for a rail shooter.

EDIT: But then again, those are the only Pokémon spin-offs that come to mind, maybe the others are all total shit. I do remember that N64 fighting game or whatever it was. I only played it once.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

TheGreatNads wrote:Really? I think Pokémon Pinball was playable, and the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games are supposed to be pretty good. I'd rather play those than Pokémon Snap, which is boring even for a rail shooter.
Pokémon Pinball is playable by dint of being a pinball game, and the Mystery Dungeons are again passable based on their series/genre. Of course, I say that, but it doesn't have to be true in all cases. I haven't really played Pokénaga's Ambition, so I don't know how well that turned out or whether the crossover saved it. Pokémon Puzzle League was enjoyable, but that's mainly because I like Puzzle League, whatever the paint job they put on it.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Forscyvus
Aspirant

Post by Forscyvus »

I had a lot of fun with Audiosurf. It really kind of opened the door to indie games for me.
lol hello
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I never saw how people liked snap it is barely a game and got so boring for me so very quickly. Audiosurf + Thomas was alone for me.
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Slurmee wrote:I never saw how people liked snap it is barely a game and got so boring for me so very quickly. Audiosurf + Thomas was alone for me.
Man, am I glad to hear you say that. I was beginning to think Pokémon fans would consider any PoS with that marque to be BGE material. Horrible, asinine game.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Pokémon Snap makes it into round 2.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

lel