Round 2: Bracket 5/16 - FIVE

Archive of nominations, event polls, side-events, discussion threads, and results from the 2015-16 "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project.

What 1-2 games should advance to the next round?

Poll ended at 26 Sep 2015 21:53

1982 - Pole Position - Arcade
5%
1992 - Kirby's Dream Land - GB
No votes
1993 - Rolling Thunder 3 - Genesis/MD
No votes
1994 - Breath of Fire II - SNES
11%
1996 - Pokémon [Blue/Red] Version - GB
29%
1999 - Mario Golf - N64
3%
2000 - Banjo-Tooie - N64
21%
2002 - Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure / Crash Bandicoot XS - GBA
3%
2005 - Star Wars: Battlefront II - PC
8%
2009 - Demons Souls - PS3
21%

Total votes: 38

SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: Round 2: Bracket 5/16 - FIVE

Post by SkyPikachu »

Claytone wrote:
Slurmee wrote:
Flawed? How?
http://i.imgur.com/mWhKx8l.jpg

Plus Ghost type was totally busted (in a bad way), and there was no physical/special split, even in the goofy way it was done in Gen III. Wouldn't play it again today for any reason, which isn't the case with many other series I've played. Is kind of a trend with RPGs, though.
That's really nit picking at the game. I'm sure you could find flaws in every video game ever made. Also how is every attack has a 1/256 chance of missing (except swift) a flaw? That just seems like a mechanic.
Jordan wrote:That's my problem with Red/blue as well. They started a good series, and they were good for their time, but in retrospect they are the worst games in their respective series. The series has mostly become better with time.
Can't you say that about most series? You'd expect the game devs to improve upon the game over time.
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

I ended up voting for R/B and Banjo-Tooie. I'm glad to see that my vote for the latter separated it from the dreadful Demon's Souls. Hopefully it sticks.
You got BOOST power!
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Can't you say that about most series? You'd expect the game devs to improve upon the game over time.
Usually yeah, but not always. Some people like some of the earlier Kingdom Hearts or Ratchet and Clank games better for instance. It's not just that, though. It's also that red/blue don't really hold up well at all anymore, in my opinion, whereas there are some other games which I would still find fun today. I don't know...I'm just not really feeling any of the games on this poll.
Humphries90

Post by Humphries90 »

Can only be Pokemon. Sooooo many hours staring at my GameBoy Colour trying to catch that Scyther or Chansey in the Safari Zone. Great times.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Pokémon Blue and Red advance easily, and Banjo-Tooie and Demon's Souls advance in a tie for 2nd place.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming