What's the latest thing you bought?

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Starmancer
☆Magic Man☆

Re: What's the latest thing you bought?

Post by Starmancer »

A belt, since my pantas started falling down while I was in the mall. :/
Backloggery

Look Ma, Imma Star!
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

Cowboy Bebop Collection 1 & 2 Blu-Ray
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
Starmancer
☆Magic Man☆

Post by Starmancer »

A really nice office chair from Staples. Got it for $40, too.
Backloggery

Look Ma, Imma Star!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I've been working on my home theatre & gaming setup now that the basement is finished. Last week, I bought a 70" Sony Bravia LED TV:

Yesterday, I ordered the first three speakers:

I got two of the towers ($125 each, regular price $250) and one centre speaker ($100, regular price $270). They're Klipsch F-10s and a C-10 respectively. I haven't bought a receiver yet (that'll probably be the next obvious purchase), but I picked up the speakers in advance because they were on sale. Then I can just snag surround speakers and a subwoofer whenever I see another sale. It's easy enough to gradually add speakers to the room, and I'm happy enough to start with a good stereo setup.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Starmancer
☆Magic Man☆

Post by Starmancer »

^That's pretty neat. But don't you think a 70" TV is a little excessive?

Anyways, bought some shoes - size 13 New Balance. Should last me through the winter at least.

Also grabbed Welcome to the NHK Complete Collection (S.A.V.E) from FYE, which was on sale for $17.99. Not bad. Always wanted to see it, so maybe now I'll finally get around to it.
Backloggery

Look Ma, Imma Star!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Starmancer wrote:^That's pretty neat. But don't you think a 70" TV is a little excessive?
No, not in the least. It fits the room dimensions & viewing distance very well.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

I took collection of my latest NGPC bundle this morning:

The games on the right are all duplicates (in some cases triplicates) of games I already have but the 11 games on the left are all new to my collection. I'll resell the duplicates and probably the main console as I already have two NGPC's and one of them is this colour. Once I resell the unit and game I expect to recover nearly all of my investment on this bundle :)

Aside from adding the extremely rare and pricey Faselei and Gals Fighters to my collection and bolstering it with some other titles I've been looking to add for a while there was a further nice surprise.

One of the titles on the left was a mystery Japanese cartridge which the seller had described as "I think it's horse racing".

I booted it up expecting to find Neo Derby Champ and was surprised instead to see giant mech robots and the promise of an RPG.

Yup, it was Bio Motor Unitron 2! :D

Horse racing, indeed! :lol:
Starmancer
☆Magic Man☆

Post by Starmancer »

Just got a Sega Saturn w/Controller, Power cord, and RF Cable for $43.37 (I think it also comes with a Madden game? Not sure...). Also grabbed a $5 A/V cable for it.

Funny thing is, I also put a bid on a Saturn lot w/10 games and 3 different controllers that same night. It wasn't too high a bid, so we'll see if I get it. If I do, I might trade in one of the consoles and 3 of the games for store credit at Jay Street Games so I can buy a game or two for it that I was looking for.
Backloggery

Look Ma, Imma Star!
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

Starmancer wrote:Just got a Sega Saturn w/Controller, Power cord, and RF Cable for $43.37 (I think it also comes with a Madden game? Not sure...). Also grabbed a $5 A/V cable for it.

Funny thing is, I also put a bid on a Saturn lot w/10 games and 3 different controllers that same night. It wasn't too high a bid, so we'll see if I get it. If I do, I might trade in one of the consoles and 3 of the games for store credit at Jay Street Games so I can buy a game or two for it that I was looking for.
Well differently a nice deal.

Also out of curiosity I googled up Jay Street games & they looked pretty good.
In fact other than the colour scheme it actually looks like how the average Gametraders store used to look like, before most of the stores refocused on what they were doing more or less.

Gametraders still do retro just these days they focus more on new games & collectables & TGC tournaments (Yu-Gi-Oh Vanguard ect, ect)
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
Starmancer
☆Magic Man☆

Post by Starmancer »

Oh Jaystreet does that stuff, too, just not quite as much as the retro stuff. It helps that they're pretty much the only retro game in town as far as I know...
Backloggery

Look Ma, Imma Star!