Top 512 — Week 4 — Poll 2

Archive of nominations, event polls, side-events, discussion threads, and results from the 2020-24 "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project: Hindsight Edition.

Which of these two games is BEST?!

98 — R-Type (1987, TG16)
86%
415 — Rayman (1995, PS1)
14%

Total votes: 7

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Top 512 — Week 4 — Poll 2

Post by Kong Wen »

Sharecrow wrote: 24 Jan 2023 20:33 Wait just a second. That wasn’t the level 6 boss on the TG16 port that was on virtual console. It was a bunch of crates. I wonder if that boss was native to a region that differed from what the VC port was an emulation of. Interesting.
R-Type on Virtual Console was the TG16 version, so it has the boss as well!

For example, at the 22:00 mark here.

The Master System version was also (briefly) available on Virtual Console, and that version wouldn't have had this boss.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Re: Top 512 — Week 4 — Poll 2

Post by Sharecrow »

Kong Wen wrote: 24 Jan 2023 21:23
Sharecrow wrote: 24 Jan 2023 20:33 Wait just a second. That wasn’t the level 6 boss on the TG16 port that was on virtual console. It was a bunch of crates. I wonder if that boss was native to a region that differed from what the VC port was an emulation of. Interesting.
R-Type on Virtual Console was the TG16 version, so it has the boss as well!

For example, at the 22:00 mark here.

The Master System version was also (briefly) available on Virtual Console, and that version wouldn't have had this boss.
I grabbed the SMS version on VC, too. Got to level 7 once but could never beat the secret level (accessed through level 4). Or the game.

I think I just forgot about the extra TG16 boss. It has been awhile and it is kind of an easy looking boss…. Interesting.
No more nightmares, I’ve seen them all. From the day I was born, they’ve haunted my every move.