2015 "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Nomination Thread

Archive of nominations, event polls, side-events, discussion threads, and results from the 2015-16 "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project.
Pluvius
Owner of Steam
Owner of Steam

Re: 2015 "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Nomination Thread

Post by Pluvius »

Jordan wrote: Sengoku Rance
slangman
Beginner

Post by slangman »

Ok, put me down for those:

Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)
Super Smash Bros Wii U
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire (GBA) (Best Pokemon Entry IMO, and worth a vote just for the Braille stuff)
Mega Man X (SNES)
Mega Man IV (NES)
Final Fantasy VI (SNES)
Secret of Mana (SNES)
Metroid Prime (GCN)
Metroid Fusion (GBA)
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
Tales of Symphonia (GCN)
Star Parodier (PC-Engine)
Goldeneye 007 (N64)
Pulseman (Mega Drive)
M.U.S.H.A (Mega Drive)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time(N64)
The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask(N64)
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Splatoon(Wii-U) (Very recent but easily one of the best online multi player games I have ever played that is full of charm and also feels like a fresh of breath air in recent times.)

Will add more later on
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

Pushmo: A great little 3DS puzzler. Much better than its sequels. (Though I never played the Wii U game.)
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

evildevil97 wrote:Pushmo: A great little 3DS puzzler. Much better than its sequels. (Though I never played the Wii U game.)
Very good game. I'm not sure I'd nominate it for BGE, but it really is a perfect handheld game, IMO.
You got BOOST power!
Yasume
Aspirant

Post by Yasume »

The Shoemaker wrote:
Yasume wrote:35. Heavy Rain (PS3)
Superb mystery thriller with multiple outcomes. Every minute was a ride (even though I already knew the main antagonist due to an unfaithful visit on a message board).
That's too bad, the realization of who did it was really shocking and crazy as I slowly understood what was going on. Still must have been neat being able to see all of the foreshadowing.
It did ruin a lot of the experience. I mainly was just bummed out I could still remember his name after 5 years. :(

36. Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (NDS) 37. Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (NDS)
More VNs. These ones were shining in art style and suspense more than others, although they were a lot more lighthearted.

38. Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
Still my favorite one to date. Loved the online play.

39. Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land (GB)
My favorite sidescroller ever. Huge game compared to other Gameboy titles. Loved the power ups and finding treasures and secret levels.

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

These aren't nominations (yet), but it interests me that I haven't seen anyone mention Faxanadu or Duck Tales yet.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

I'm gonna nominate Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (Xbox/PS2/GCN). I've poured hours into it, and it's a series I wholly adore. I can't wait for THPS5, and I hope dearly that it's good.
Kong Wen wrote:These aren't nominations (yet), but it interests me that I haven't seen anyone mention Faxanadu or Duck Tales yet.
The weighted nature of nominating has made me cull my nominations significantly, otherwise the latter might qualify.
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

slangman wrote: Splatoon(Wii-U) (Very recent but easily one of the best online multi player games I have ever played that is full of charm and also feels like a fresh of breath air in recent times.)
Yesss, you must join us in our Splatoon battles!
evildevil97 wrote:Pushmo: A great little 3DS puzzler. Much better than its sequels. (Though I never played the Wii U game.)
Have you tried Stretchmo? That one is my favourite so far, Crashmo wasn't as good.
Claytone wrote:I'm gonna nominate Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (Xbox/PS2/GCN). I've poured hours into it, and it's a series I wholly adore. I can't wait for THPS5, and I hope dearly that it's good.
I'm going to counter this and nominate Skate 2! (PS3). The mechanics of handling a skateboard using the anologue sticks felt really smooth, and simple to pick up and play. The openworld nature worked very well and the online was fun. Also one of my favourite games for usable glitches https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT9_S2UIl7s

Also nominating Fantasy Life (3DS) - Very good little RPG full of hundreds of quests and things to collect. It manages to make cutting down trees and searching for ore fun.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

The Shoemaker wrote:Have you tried Stretchmo? That one is my favourite so far, Crashmo wasn't as good.
Yeah. Not as good as Pushmo, but it's a huge improvement from Crashmo.
Niahak

Post by Niahak »

previous nominations for ease of counting
Suikoden II (PS1)
Europa Universalis IV (PC)
Dark Souls (PS3/XB360/PC)
Der Langrisser (SNES)
Mount & Blade: Warband (PC)
Space Rangers 2 (PC)
Opoona (Wii)
Destiny of an Emperor (NES)
Kong Wen wrote:These aren't nominations (yet), but it interests me that I haven't seen anyone mention Faxanadu or Duck Tales yet.
If I were going to consider Faxanadu, I'd probably nominate Crystalis instead. Much more reasonable difficulty, better variance in item choice, and a much more fleshed-out story - plus, an actual save system in western regions. Admittedly a pretty different game, but similar genre. I have fond memories of Faxanadu but they're more about how bizarre and oppressive the game was. Speaking of which, I will nominate one unusual game that I finally beat a couple years ago:

The Guardian Legend (NES): An odd combination of shoot 'em up, action, and adventure, it greets you with bombast and excitement and then throws you into a strange world with very little in the way of direction. There is in fact a pretty clear order in which to tackle the various worlds, and it's much easier to discover and track than, say, Metroid because there is a built-in mapping system. The special weapon system encourages trying out various weapons in different situations (and, once discovered in "adventure" mode, are accessible in both modes, making it also a pretty darn varied shooter). The music adds a sad and somber tone to several of the areas, making for a memorable experience overall.

Duck Tales is good, but not really my cup of tea. A little on the short side. Great music, for sure, though.