What are you playing right now?

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by The Shoemaker »

3D Zelda's and 3D Mario's are my jam. Of course Wind Waker was my first jump into the series, so that may lean me towards the 3D games. I started Mario with World, and played the NES games when I was young too, but it was the 3D games that really hooked me.

I think the core concept of Zelda gets a lot right, and I see the 3D games as the standard for 3D action/adventure experiences. It doesn't have the most complex combat, the most difficult and intricate puzzles, or the most expansive exploration, but it makes a very enjoyable experience out of all of those elements.
Jordan wrote: I will say that Nintendo seems to be embracing a new style lately. Both the new Zelda game and the new Mario game seem like they're going to be massive explorefests.
I agree, will be really interesting to see how these two games turn out.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I've been playing games!

Fire Emblem Conquest: Done!

Codename STEAM: Started playing this after not touching it for almost two years. Really good game, shame it did so poorly. Would love to see sequel. Beat the game, took me just over 30 hours.

Zelda: Oracle of Ages: Another one done, took me about a week of straight playing. I think Seasons was the better game, but this one had some cool twists too.

The Legend of Zelda: First time beating the original! I figured with Breath of the Wild coming up I should do my history on the series. This game surprisingly holds up well. The interesting part of playing this is I'm semi familiar with the map after playing Hyrule Warriors, so I had that in the back of my head as I was looking for secrets. I like that there a lot of ways to make the game a lot easier, with boss weaknesses and power ups. Interesting how the first two entries in the series (Zelda + Zelda II), don't have too much in terms of puzzles, or at least the puzzles we're used to post ALTTP/OOT. It's very much about exploring and finding the best way to get through obstacles. With that said, the last dungeon was quite the labyrinth.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Yeah! The last dungeon in the original game is classic, pure NES orienteering.

I'm playing Destiny (PS4), Fire Emblem Heroes (Mobile)—a continuation of my portablefest that has put Pokémon Red Version and Adventures of Mana on hold—, and Yoshi's Woolly World (WU). I just started YWW recently, and it's quite the charming little platformer. I find the levels sufficiently long that I can't play more than a few per night without getting bright-coloured-Yoshi-grunt fatigue, so slow progress, but fun.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Rune Factory Frontier, Gotcha Force, Fire Emblem Heroes and started Tales of Berseria.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I've mostly been playing Tales of Berseria and Fire Emblem Heroes of late. I've progressed quite a bit in Berseria and now have a 4 character roster. I mostly have been using Eizen, but I switch to Rokurou or "Laphicet" under certain circumstances.

I also bought a game called Mokuri, which is kind of like an SRPG crossed with Pokemon. I played a couple levels yesterday.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Jordan wrote:I've mostly been playing Tales of Berseria and Fire Emblem Heroes of late. I've progressed quite a bit in Berseria and now have a 4 character roster. I mostly have been using Eizen, but I switch to Rokurou or "Laphicet" under certain circumstances.

I also bought a game called Mokuri, which is kind of like an SRPG crossed with Pokemon. I played a couple levels yesterday.
That's cool - I'm playing Berseria too. I'm about 60 hours in though...I don't think you have the character I've been using yet...

Edit: I backtrack a lot for those unique enemies and katz chests. I also almost never warp anywhere and walk instead. Not sure what my non-wasted time in the game is. Don't want to spoil anything though
Should I live my life a lie?
Could I be less alive?
Shall I bask in God's light?
Shall I fall one more time?
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I actually have all the playable characters right now. I just picked up the crybaby exorcist.

My favorite character by far is Magilou, so I mostly play her. To be honest though, I think Eizen is the most fun to play.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Jordan wrote:I actually have all the playable characters right now. I just picked up the crybaby exorcist.

My favorite character by far is Magilou, so I mostly play her. To be honest though, I think Eizen is the most fun to play.
I use Eleanor mostly. Velvet a lot too.
Could I be less alive?
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Do you have any tips for Eleanor? I just got her but for whatever reason I didn't get any kind of tooltip on her overall kit. All I got was something explaining her launch break art (which doesn't need much explanation anyways). I've given each character at least a try so far, and sometimes I'll even switch between them.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Jordan wrote:Do you have any tips for Eleanor? I just got her but for whatever reason I didn't get any kind of tooltip on her overall kit. All I got was something explaining her launch break art (which doesn't need much explanation anyways). I've given each character at least a try so far, and sometimes I'll even switch between them.
Not really. I like the flow of some of her attacks. She's not really good at magic so I melee mostly. Rending Strike, Skewering Spear, Whirling Top, etc. She's pretty quick though and can get some momentum if you are landing hits.

Am using Rokuro now to get the True Rokoru title. He's a beast!
Could I be less alive?