Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Post by The Shoemaker »

Han Solo wrote:I'm loving the game so far. I was quite surprised how quickly I unlocked all the characters. Otherwise my only complaints are that the circle pad isn't comfortable to use as a proper stick and in the twenty or so online matches I played, there usually was some lag. The online lag is an improvement over what I remember from Brawl's online though.
Nice! I think I just about have all the characters, just battled Duck Hunt but lost :p It can be a little hard to do a Smash move with the circle pad, but I'm getting better with it.

I really like Robin, it's a fun distance and rush in game with him.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Han Solo
Cinephile and Gamer

Post by Han Solo »

Of the new characters I'm really enjoying playing as Mega Man, Pac-man and Little Mac.
Spoiler
It's also really awesome that all of the Koopa Kids got in through Bowser Jr. since I don't really care for Bowser Jr. himself, but I do love Roy.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Han Solo wrote:Of the new characters I'm really enjoying playing as Mega Man, Pac-man and Little Mac.
Spoiler
It's also really awesome that all of the Koopa Kids got in through Bowser Jr. since I don't really care for Bowser Jr. himself, but I do love Roy.
I thought that was a great addition as well, glad they did it that way and not like how Mario Kart did it ;)

I really like Mega Man, Pac-man looks really good, and Little Mac is crazy strong.
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

Game is excellent. Though I typically play as many characters as I can, I have to admit I've been focusing my efforts a bit. Out of 295 games, 69 have been Dedede, 33 Little Mac, 32 Ness, and much to my surprise, 23 Ganondorf. I'm also surprised at how little I've played
Spoiler
Duck Hunt Dog
given how excited I was to see how he worked. He is quite excellent, but I have a hard time actually killing with him. I just end up doing a bunch of damage.

At first I didn't very much like the Dedede changes, but I've gotten pretty used to the Gordo throws, even if the enemy is easily able to turn them against me. I'll always miss the Waddle Dees though. I'm also not a fan of the range of his aerials, but he's got some increased strength and weight which makes up for it quite a bit.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Spore wrote:Game is excellent. Though I typically play as many characters as I can, I have to admit I've been focusing my efforts a bit. Out of 295 games, 69 have been Dedede, 33 Little Mac, 32 Ness, and much to my surprise, 23 Ganondorf. I'm also surprised at how little I've played
Spoiler
Duck Hunt Dog
given how excited I was to see how he worked. He is quite excellent, but I have a hard time actually killing with him. I just end up doing a bunch of damage.

At first I didn't very much like the Dedede changes, but I've gotten pretty used to the Gordo throws, even if the enemy is easily able to turn them against me. I'll always miss the Waddle Dees though. I'm also not a fan of the range of his aerials, but he's got some increased strength and weight which makes up for it quite a bit.
I must say I've never gotten into any of those characters. I did try out Little Mac a bit, and I probably will play him more, but he's moveset doesn't feel too varied despite being very strong. On the other hand I love
Spoiler
Duck Hunt
, his projectile game is both hilarious and effective. Hi's Smash attacks are also strong and have good range.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Wii U version launches on November 21st in North America with Amiibo launching a week later globally I believe. Launches in Japan, EU and AUS on December 6th. Also, the second line of Amiibos comes out in December, which is a lot sooner than I had thought they would.
Bring on the Smash!
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

The Shoemaker wrote:Wii U version launches on November 21st in North America with Amiibo launching a week later globally I believe. Launches in Japan, EU and AUS on December 6th. Also, the second line of Amiibos comes out in December, which is a lot sooner than I had thought they would.
Bring on the Smash!
Very excited about this. Captain Falcon and Luigi have been my mains for a long, long time. Will definitely buy them.

I don't even care about the functionality (although I'll certainly try it). There's just so little F-Zero merchandise in the world that it'll be nice to have something.
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Claytone wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Wii U version launches on November 21st in North America with Amiibo launching a week later globally I believe. Launches in Japan, EU and AUS on December 6th. Also, the second line of Amiibos comes out in December, which is a lot sooner than I had thought they would.
Bring on the Smash!
Very excited about this. Captain Falcon and Luigi have been my mains for a long, long time. Will definitely buy them.

I don't even care about the functionality (although I'll certainly try it). There's just so little F-Zero merchandise in the world that it'll be nice to have something.
That's one thing I like about Amiibo's for Smash; they give you a chance to get a figurine of a character that might not have had a figurine before, or at least not many.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Bring on the Smash!
To add to this, the Super Smash Bros. For Wii U bundle (game + Super Smash Bros. GameCube Controller, hub) is an EB Games exclusive in Canada. Interestingly, it costs the same price numbers in two different currencies (bundle only; $99.99)

The first phase of Amiibo (12 figures) will launch on the same day as Super Smash Bros. Wii U in North America (Nov. 21), at a suggested retail price of $12.99 ($13.99 in Canada). Another 6 figures will launch in December
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Data was corrupted today so I have to start the game over, not really sure what happened :/

My data has been corrupted before with Mario Kart 7 but that was only the StreetPass data, and all that did was get rid of the people I currently had StreetPassed, didn't effect the records or anything. But with Smash Bros. it erased everything including the StreetPass, not sure why. Maybe it's my SD card?

I also force shut it off last night when I closed the software, Smash Bros. has to reboot the system when you shut it off so I just held the power button because I wanted it off anyways. Didn't seem to affect any of my others games though.