Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Re: Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Post by Claytone »

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-s ... n-the-way/

Pretty interesting stuff. I wonder what Sakurai's got up his sleeve. I suppose time will tell.

The Shoemaker wrote:Data was corrupted today so I have to start the game over, not really sure what happened :/

My data has been corrupted before with Mario Kart 7 but that was only the StreetPass data, and all that did was get rid of the people I currently had StreetPassed, didn't effect the records or anything. But with Smash Bros. it erased everything including the StreetPass, not sure why. Maybe it's my SD card?
That's really a bummer. I'd think the SD card would only be the problem if you were using a digital copy, but I dunno.
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Claytone wrote:http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-s ... n-the-way/

Pretty interesting stuff. I wonder what Sakurai's got up his sleeve. I suppose time will tell.

The Shoemaker wrote:Data was corrupted today so I have to start the game over, not really sure what happened :/

My data has been corrupted before with Mario Kart 7 but that was only the StreetPass data, and all that did was get rid of the people I currently had StreetPassed, didn't effect the records or anything. But with Smash Bros. it erased everything including the StreetPass, not sure why. Maybe it's my SD card?
That's really a bummer. I'd think the SD card would only be the problem if you were using a digital copy, but I dunno.
Yeah, especially for someone like me who enjoys accurate statistics. Oh well, it's kind of fun unlocking everything again :P I should look into a new SD card though.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

As some of you may already know, Nintendo is live streaming an informative video on Smash for Wii U. It's on Oct. 23, but it will bleed into the twilight hours of Oct. 24 in more easterly time zones.

http://i.imgur.com/A1VHdwW.jpg
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Claytone wrote:As some of you may already know, Nintendo is live streaming an informative video on Smash for Wii U. It's on Oct. 23, but it will bleed into the twilight hours of Oct. 24 in more easterly time zones.

http://i.imgur.com/A1VHdwW.jpg
Should finally find out what the exclusive modes are in the Wii U version!
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

The Shoemaker wrote: Should finally find out what the exclusive modes are in the Wii U version!
Ridley mode. Ridley is only playable in this mode and only one player gets to play as him because the screen isn't big enough for more than one, but everybody still loves it.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Spore wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote: Should finally find out what the exclusive modes are in the Wii U version!
Ridley mode. Ridley is only playable in this mode and only one player gets to play as him because the screen isn't big enough for more than one, but everybody still loves it.
Ridley is still too big, can only view a glimpse of his claw and shadow of his tail.

Best mode ever.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

So regarding last Thursday's announcements here are my highlights
- 8 player Smash! Very cool. At first I wasn't sure because it sounds very chaotic, but the stages look big enough for all characters despite the fact that you will undoubtable lose track of who you are.
- Stage Builder! As someone who built a lot of stages using Brawl's very limited level creator, a stylus based free-draw stage builder is a welcomed addition.
- Unique stages! It seems like a lot of stages with have their own rules, like the gravity in Mario Galaxy, the dual planes in Jungle Hijinx, the 100% KO's in the Great Cave Offensive ect
- Smash Tour! I loved Smash Run so hopefully this mode is good, it looks like something fun you can do with friends that lasts longer than the average Smash match.
- Tournaments and other returning features! Tournaments, Event Mactches, Item Frequency and several other modes were well missed from the 3DS version, good to see they're coming back.
- Mewtoo! I never got attached to the character, but DLC is welcomed.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Very nearly done the challenge board, only some very tedious ones left like clear classic/all-atar with all characters, aquire all custom moves, clear classic on 9.0 ect. I would be really close to being done all of these if my save file wasn't corrupted back in October. :evil:

One I'm going to cheat on is the 50 hours of smash challenge, switch was actually something I completed back before my save was lost. It counts the amount of time played by all participants so I think I'm going to leave it on all night with 99 stock, 3 level 1 cpu's and a 0.5 damage modification. I should be able to complete it in one night considering I've already put in 17 hours into the Smash mode alone.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

My copy of SSBfWU arrived tonight, and I booted it up just long enough to test out the controls and the music options. I'm not super happy with the wiiPad controls, and even the CCPro controls aren't quite as good as the GCN controls (which is odd, considering that's a terrible controller... I must just be used to it). Probably still not worth buying the adapter instead of just adapting. :) I'll just have to temper my skills in combat!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:My copy of SSBfWU arrived tonight, and I booted it up just long enough to test out the controls and the music options. I'm not super happy with the wiiPad controls, and even the CCPro controls aren't quite as good as the GCN controls (which is odd, considering that's a terrible controller... I must just be used to it). Probably still not worth buying the adapter instead of just adapting. :) I'll just have to temper my skills in combat!
Give it some time I'd say. It was a little jarring when I started playing on the 3DS (or even using the Pro controller at Nintendo events) but I'm totally used to it now. When my copy comes in I expect to have a smooth transition since the Pro Controller is identical to the 3DS.

But if you're going to I would buy the adapter sooner rather than later, it appears to be low in stock everywhere and who knows how long they'll make them for.