Mario Kart 8 Q/A

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Mario Kart 8 Q/A

Post by The Shoemaker »

Looks awesome! I forgot it's coming out in just a couple days.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:Looks awesome! I forgot it's coming out in just a couple days.
Try to make time for the league races next weekend then! Sunday the 16th!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Looks awesome! I forgot it's coming out in just a couple days.
Try to make time for the league races next weekend then! Sunday the 16th!
I'm good to go Sunday!

DLC tracks are pretty sweet so far, stand out ones being Mute City and that Dragon one, really cool.
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

Surprised Link is a heavy racer. I expected him to be medium. At least Tanooki Mario has enough to make me happy too.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

All the new tracks are fun! Some are more fun than others. Really excited to figure out more of the shortcuts! Ice Ice Outpost has some cool ones!
I intend to live forever, or die trying
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Have raced on Excitebike Arena only twice, but only 2 or 3 parts of the track changed. Hope to see more changes the next time I race on it. And Hyrule Circuit is very nicely done, especially how you get the ramp at the master sword statue to appear. Now I just need to get myself lined up for that ramp the next time. I've seen possible shortcuts on most of the new tracks and tried out some of them, need the mushroom on most though. Mute City has a shortcut that I always see too late, but it involves 2 jumps. Anyone tried this one?
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:Have raced on Excitebike Arena only twice, but only 2 or 3 parts of the track changed. Hope to see more changes the next time I race on it. And Hyrule Circuit is very nicely done, especially how you get the ramp at the master sword statue to appear. Now I just need to get myself lined up for that ramp the next time. I've seen possible shortcuts on most of the new tracks and tried out some of them, need the mushroom on most though. Mute City has a shortcut that I always see too late, but it involves 2 jumps. Anyone tried this one?
Is there something you have to do specifically to make the ramp appear in the Zelda stage?
Also I haven't made it on the Mute City one yet, always just miss it. Same with Ice Ice Outpost I think.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

The Shoemaker wrote:
MerlinDrazziw wrote:Have raced on Excitebike Arena only twice, but only 2 or 3 parts of the track changed. Hope to see more changes the next time I race on it. And Hyrule Circuit is very nicely done, especially how you get the ramp at the master sword statue to appear. Now I just need to get myself lined up for that ramp the next time. I've seen possible shortcuts on most of the new tracks and tried out some of them, need the mushroom on most though. Mute City has a shortcut that I always see too late, but it involves 2 jumps. Anyone tried this one?
Is there something you have to do specifically to make the ramp appear in the Zelda stage?
Also I haven't made it on the Mute City one yet, always just miss it. Same with Ice Ice Outpost I think.
You have to hit all three bumpers preceeding the hall, if you do you'll hear a Zelda treasure chime and the ramp rises.
IIO has two side ramps close to each other, first on the right and second on the left.
Grt. Merlin

Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I have hit the first part of the Ice Ice Outpost shortcut. I didnt know about the second part until I watched this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dgV0CuPlQg
I intend to live forever, or die trying
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Those 'shortcuts' on Excitbike Arena are not so great, wasting mushrooms on straight grass while jumps give you free boosts. I did miss the 3rd side ramp on Ice Ice Outpost though, but there seems nothing to gain from switching lanes? Maybe for avoiding shells?
Grt. Merlin