3DS Game Collections

The home of various "master lists" of This Old Neon members' gaming accomplishments and collections. Achievements and trophies, play time, and lists of collected and completed games go here.
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Re: 3DS Game Collections

Post by pdSlooper »

The Shoemaker wrote:Let me know what you think of Dark Witch!
It's a pretty straightforward run 'n gun with magical girl flavor and a janky translation. There's 3 difficulties and you can play through as 2 characters (one must be unlocked; she's more powerful but has an attack that's shorter range). There are achievements (called Playing Levels in the game) that when achieved, unlock art. There's 16 save slots.

The levels are all pretty simple and uncomplicated, kinda boring on their own but the enemy placement and interactions make at least the initial trek through interesting. The boss fights take a few gos each. I played through on the easiest difficulty -- the Miiverse board consensus seems to be that the higher difficulties are really hard, take that as you will. I spent about 5 hours in the game playing through both characters on easy. I enjoyed it, and may come back to play some more.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

pdSlooper wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Let me know what you think of Dark Witch!
It's a pretty straightforward run 'n gun with magical girl flavor and a janky translation. There's 3 difficulties and you can play through as 2 characters (one must be unlocked; she's more powerful but has an attack that's shorter range). There are achievements (called Playing Levels in the game) that when achieved, unlock art. There's 16 save slots.

The levels are all pretty simple and uncomplicated, kinda boring on their own but the enemy placement and interactions make at least the initial trek through interesting. The boss fights take a few gos each. I played through on the easiest difficulty -- the Miiverse board consensus seems to be that the higher difficulties are really hard, take that as you will. I spent about 5 hours in the game playing through both characters on easy. I enjoyed it, and may come back to play some more.
I've heard some praise for the game but I wasn't sure if it was actual praise or "this game actually isn't bad!" I might check it out sometime when I'm running low on games, but Azure Stricker Gunvolt should satisfy my needs for this genre for now.

+ Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
(Won't start until this Sunday when all my exams are over).
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Post by pdSlooper »

+ Shovel Knight (Digital)

Mighty Gunvolt is bad, by the way, I recommend people avoid it. It's an incompetent Mega Man clone with boring level design that clocks in at about an hour. Avoid.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

pdSlooper wrote:+ Shovel Knight (Digital)

Mighty Gunvolt is bad, by the way, I recommend people avoid it. It's an incompetent Mega Man clone with boring level design that clocks in at about an hour. Avoid.
I got it for free with Azure Stricker Gunvolt, haven't bothered to beat it yet. It had some cool mechanics but seemed simple.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

+Hana Samurai: Art of the Sword (Digital) (Sakura Samurai in NA)

Got this game for 3400 stars after filling out some surveys on Club Nintendo.
Grt. Merlin

squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

+ Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (retail)
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Post by pdSlooper »

+ SteamWorld Dig (DIgital)
+ Bravely Default (Retail)
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

+ Pokemon Art Academy (digital)
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Update: 3DS Game Collections

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Updated up to post #138

40 games were added (16 digital), with 7 new titles. No games were removed, making a total of 910 games (530 digital) with 350 unique titles (ranked!). With no new members, there still are 42 members' lists.

No big changes to the list. Heroes of Ruin reentered the list and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is one of the new titles (was added twice, so there are at least 2 new Nintendo 3DSs around).

Next update will be in june.
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

Forgot we added hardware, so:

+ New Nintendo 3DS XL red