Mario Kart 8 Q/A

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Mario Kart 8 Q/A

Post by The Shoemaker »

Huh, Ice Ice has way more short cuts than i thought! Also, I think for time trials it might be beneficial to switch sides and specific points, but I don't see it making a big difference in actual race besides as you said, avoiding items.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I think the Green track seems shorter, but it probably is exactly the same.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Just posting it in the Q/A, but could have added it to the tourney thread. If you go through your Mii characters but choose a standard character, the last selected Mii will appear in the waiting room and inrace leaderboard. The main person/Mii will get the tourney points though.
Kreegs and I noticed this last week, when E.T. joined Kreegs in the waiting room :) E.T. was one of the Miis I made on the Wii from an example on the internet and I transferred those Miis to my Wii U.
Grt. Merlin

Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:Just posting it in the Q/A, but could have added it to the tourney thread. If you go through your Mii characters but choose a standard character, the last selected Mii will appear in the waiting room and inrace leaderboard. The main person/Mii will get the tourney points though.
Kreegs and I noticed this last week, when E.T. joined Kreegs in the waiting room :) E.T. was one of the Miis I made on the Wii from an example on the internet and I transferred those Miis to my Wii U.
Thanks for clearing this up! I was very confused by this last week!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

So does the DLC come with all the new karts unlocked? I have all 4 now, but I swear at first I only had two of them which makes me think they're randomly unlocked without notifying you. Most likely scenario is that I didn't notice them all being unlocked in the beginning though.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:So does the DLC come with all the new karts unlocked? I have all 4 now, but I swear at first I only had two of them which makes me think they're randomly unlocked without notifying you. Most likely scenario is that I didn't notice them all being unlocked in the beginning though.
Pretty sure they're all unlocked. I just booted up last night and they all seemed to be there.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

So, not every Amiibo in wave 1 is supported in Mario Kart 8 apparently, I find that a little odd. I thought they had said that every Amiibo would have Mario kart support, why skip the initial ones?

EDIT: Nevermind, just rewatched that section of the last Nintendo direct, it must have been for Hyrule Warriors they said all amiibos were compatible. Kind of disappointing, I hope they update later waves into the game like Mega Man.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote:HOLY SHIT!!! This is the best Mario Kart news yet! The first DLC pack will contain a randomized ExciteBike arena! The ramps and speed boosts change location each time you play (except in time trial mode), which means the races will be pretty crazy. And the arena just looks great! It has classic ExciteBike appeal.
I've been focusing on other stuff and ignoring my Wii U and it sounds like I've come back just in time for new DLC for MK8 WOOP.

I'll check out the tracks tomorrow. Do we still do weekly races?
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Yes we race every weekend. Most of use get our races done on Sunday, but our times are usually flexible. Join us Slurm!
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kreegs wrote:Yes we race every weekend. Most of use get our races done on Sunday, but our times are usually flexible. Join us Slurm!
I'll try to. Is it usually middle of the day sunday or evenings?
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery