Nintendo Switch

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
neuzd
Ω

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by neuzd »

Amazon says my Switch will be delivered the 3rd. I ordered the colored joy-con version with a pro controller and Zelda.
Sadly, even if it gets here on friday I will not be able to play because I will be at work until very late in the night. We have a delivery on production environment that starts at 8pm. So, no way to get out before midnight even if all goes well, which it won't because this is the delivery-of-death-of-the-most-different-and-delicate-projects.
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

neuzd wrote:Amazon says my Switch will be delivered the 3rd. I ordered the colored joy-con version with a pro controller and Zelda.
Sadly, even if it gets here on friday I will not be able to play because I will be at work until very late in the night. We have a delivery on production environment that starts at 8pm. So, no way to get out before midnight even if all goes well, which it won't because this is the delivery-of-death-of-the-most-different-and-delicate-projects.

That's too bad. I had some leftover vacation time and I'm going to a concert that night anyways so I just booked it off. I'll pick it up in store in the morning and play for a few hours anyways.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Doesn't seem like anyone will be getting a lot of playtime in Friday! :cry:
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:Doesn't seem like anyone will be getting a lot of playtime in Friday! :cry:
*raises hand*

Assuming EB doesn't screw me over with a grey unit, I'll be bringing it home around midnight and then playing all day until I have to leave to see Logan at 9:00 p.m. :)

If they do screw me over, I kind of don't want to open the system, because then I won't be able to return it when the neon one arrives in the mail... I guess I could just resell it. Nintendo has assured that the scalper market will be strong for a time.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Got an email from gamestop that mine has shipped. Estimated delivery is Monday. Oh well. At least I am getting one! I wasnt paying extra just to have it arrive tomorrow.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:Got an email from gamestop that mine has shipped. Estimated delivery is Monday. Oh well. At least I am getting one! I wasnt paying extra just to have it arrive tomorrow.
I couldn't handle the idea of going the whole weekend without Zelda, so I made note to order in store. I did Just get my confirmation that I am able to purchase tomorrow though!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Nice! I'm just glad Ingot one at all!
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I am setting mine up now after just getting home from a surprisingly busy midnight launch, with hundreds of people! They did indeed sell my neon unit to a walk-in, so I had to take a grey one, but that's fine with me, as I have a neon set coming from Best Buy within the next couple of days (and they sell those JoyCon dual packs for $100). I managed to get a Pro controller, though, which is nice.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Haven't picked up mine yet. It should've been delivered at the store last wednesday, but I haven't had the time to go there. Anyway, I'll have mine soon.
Grt. Merlin

SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I ended up buying one as they had a $30 off for Zelda and doing the maths it wasn't going to be worth buying it on Wii U then on Switch during the holidays.

Can't stream without the dock apparently even though I bought a USB C to HDMI converter. Going to be really pissed if this is the case. I might even up having to get a decent monitor with hdmi.

No Virtual Console sucks as well.

I'll keep you posted on what it's like.
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery