Nintendo Switch

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by The Shoemaker »

I got a Biogenic travel case Pro from EB Games, nice harder cover to protect the insides. Has a spot for your Switch as well as an extra flap for games and stuff. I put my Joy Con straps in there so I'm always ready for multiplayer. No screen protector yet, might still grab one.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

What's the scoop on the Switch's screen, anyway? Is it at least sporting Gorilla Glass or some rough equivalent?
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote:What's the scoop on the Switch's screen, anyway? Is it at least sporting Gorilla Glass or some rough equivalent?
Nope, it's plastic like the Vita's.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Interesting thing about the system, is when you dock the Switch, it automatically turns on your TV and changes the input.

I've found this to be convenient, but at the same time, I see this being inconvenient for others who are just trying to charge their system.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

The Shoemaker wrote:Interesting thing about the system, is when you dock the Switch, it automatically turns on your TV and changes the input.
Don't think that will happen with my TV, but I think it depends on settings of TV and/or Switch. I'll give it a try once I've put my TV in stand-by mode.

[edit]
There's an auto-power mode setting on the Switch. Turns on the TV when you dock the Switch or turn it on while docked. And sets Switch to sleep mode when turning off the TV. Doesn't work for my (old) TV ;)
[/edit]
Grt. Merlin

Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

The Shoemaker wrote:Interesting thing about the system, is when you dock the Switch, it automatically turns on your TV and changes the input.

I've found this to be convenient, but at the same time, I see this being inconvenient for others who are just trying to charge their system.
I will be running the HDMI through my receiver for surround sound. Wonder if it will be the same? I can see it changing the tuner input, but I doubt that will turn on my tv.

Also, how long until they come out with different color joycons do people think??
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:

I will be running the HDMI through my receiver for surround sound. Wonder if it will be the same? I can see it changing the tuner input, but I doubt that will turn on my tv.

Also, how long until they come out with different color joycons do people think??
Arms will need 4 JoyCon's for 2 player motion controls, so maybe for that title? Might be a bit soon. Other than that maybe a Mario tie in for the Fall.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Mine's plugged into my receiver, and it does turn on the TV!

I can't imagine they'd release new JoyColours before Mario/Fall/Winter Holiday at the earliest.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Kong Wen wrote:Mine's plugged into my receiver, and it does turn on the TV!

I can't imagine they'd release new JoyColours before Mario/Fall/Winter Holiday at the earliest.
So I will have 1 set of JoyCons and 1 ProCon. I think I will leave it at that until they come out with new colors. This gives us 2 legit control options when Mrs. K and I play Mario Kart together.
I intend to live forever, or die trying