Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Re: Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Post by kitroplious »

The Shoemaker wrote:Is that because you think there are too many Mario reps, lack of a potential unique moveset, or too late in the game to be announcing such a character?
There's too many reps from the same franchise (that are duplicates). I'd just have a trio of Pokémon as one whole character, and call it a night. Same with every other kind of Mario, Link, [insert extra character similar to another from the same franchise].
I think if they made Paper Mario a costume for Mario it would be too underwhelming. Unless they added the paper effect where Mario flips and turns, but if they put that much effort into the costume they may as well go out and make it an original character.
Make a costume to customize your character / moves (like your Miis, avatars on Xbox Live, would be cool! :lol:
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

kitroplious wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Is that because you think there are too many Mario reps, lack of a potential unique moveset, or too late in the game to be announcing such a character?
There's too many reps from the same franchise (that are duplicates). I'd just have a trio of Pokémon as one whole character, and call it a night. Same with every other kind of Mario, Link, [insert extra character similar to another from the same franchise].
Do you mean clones? At this point there's only Lucina and Toon Link I believe. Though this time around Toon Link is a little more different than Link. Or do you mean too many characters that look similar? Because each Pokemon plays differently, but I can understand you thinking there are too many Pokemon.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Coming from Sakurai...

Pic of the day. If you get caught in the Boss Galaga item's tractor beam, it will carry you away to the top of the screen. You can shoot it down, but it won't join you in battle for double the firepower.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

The Shoemaker wrote:Well this game moves a little slower than the GC Smash Bros. so that mixed with the fact that they're using bright HD visuals now it should be easier for you to keep track of your characters. On the 3DS version they outline the characters to help you see them but I think it'll be easier on the Wii U.
Ha, Smash 4 moves a *lot* slower than Melee, for sure, as did Brawl. Sakurai has mentioned that he has consciously made an effort to make the more recent entries in the series less difficult than Melee (which, in my opinion, is for the worse). Smash 4 may be worth another try for you, Merlin, if you found Melee too hectic.
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Claytone wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Well this game moves a little slower than the GC Smash Bros. so that mixed with the fact that they're using bright HD visuals now it should be easier for you to keep track of your characters. On the 3DS version they outline the characters to help you see them but I think it'll be easier on the Wii U.
Ha, Smash 4 moves a *lot* slower than Melee, for sure, as did Brawl. Sakurai has mentioned that he has consciously made an effort to make the more recent entries in the series less difficult than Melee (which, in my opinion, is for the worse). Smash 4 may be worth another try for you, Merlin, if you found Melee too hectic.
Yes but it's clearly faster than Brawl. It's good they don't try to make the game too fast because it has simple controls for a reason; to encourage those unfamiliar with fighting games to play. When me and my friends play Brawl, the one's that don't are always sitting there wondering how we know what we're doing because the game's moving so fast :p I'm not sure if you're just taking about personal preferance but for the competitive players I don't think they need it to be any faster (though I'm sure they want it), they just need the additional tactics like L-canceling and what not.

As for the pic of the day, I'm not really sure what he's talking about :p Is he saying the opponents can shoot it down or the captive? Or is he talking about shooting it before it catches anyone?

Also, Villager's eyes reveal his dying lust for Villagette.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I suck at SSB so I'll probably pass. I just end up button mashing.
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Coming from Sakurai...

Pic of the day. Reshiram appears on one of the stages in the 3DS version! Zekrom and Milotic will appear, too. It's close enough to the launch date, so I don't have to describe this stage to you, right? The design of this stage is based off of the surroundings of someone's castle.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote:I suck at SSB so I'll probably pass. I just end up button mashing.
But you can button mash as Pikachu! :D

I never played Pokemon Black and White so I had no idea what this stage was from, but lo and behold. I wonder what that Pokemon will do, hopefully no more gravity shifts like in Brawl. This makes what, 2 Pokemon stages so far? (And no new stadium yet!)
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

The Shoemaker wrote:I never played Pokemon Black and White so I had no idea what this stage was from, but lo and behold. I wonder what that Pokemon will do, hopefully no more gravity shifts like in Brawl. This makes what, 2 Pokemon stages so far? (And no new stadium yet!)
They might just use the arena where Little Mac plays! :-P
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Coming from Sakurai...

What's up with this bomb? This looks like the stadium for the Home-run Contest, but there's no bat. Once you touch the bomb, it begins to count down. Give it enough damage and launch it at the right time…then once the bomb's countdown hits zero…!!

...It goes BOOOOOM! Not only will the blast destroy targets, but it'll also cause a chain reaction by using shattered walls and bomb blocks--all of which contributes to you getting a high score!! This is a new activity that combines the concepts of Target Smash and the Home-run Contest--it's called Target Blast! Your final score is the total you rack up over two rounds. Of course, your Target Blast scores contribute to your Global Smash Power, too.