Nintendo Switch

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by Kong Wen »

Get your friend code posted up in the other thread Ouen!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Ouenben wrote: - console struggles to run a launch title at 900p on the big TV, is the systems power gonna be an issue in the long run? It's miles ahead as a handheld but as a home console it's light-years behind
- 32gb storage /no way to move saves or tie purchases to accounts.. seriously Nintendo?
Console power will definitely be an issue for third parties, no doubt about that. I wouldn't consider Zelda the ultimate display of what the system can do though, as the bulk of that game was designed with Wii U in mind, and it was far into development when they "ported" it to Switch.

Purchases are tied to accounts, as in you could get a new Switch, sign in to your account on that one and download all your old games, but that would deactivate the other Switch, and of course, you can't transfer saves. I can only imagine that's a temporary thing though, as they are bound to coming out with a "Switch+" and they are going to want existing Switch owners to grab the updated model.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

Apparently after one week a sort of activity log with generalized time opens on your profile
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

squishy wrote:Apparently after one week a sort of activity log with generalized time opens on your profile
That kind of makes me even sadder—if they're tracking time, and just not showing us the details. Although, it could be that they're still working on the actual play-time app (since they're still working on everything), and when it comes out it'll be able to harvest all that data. That would be swell.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
squishy wrote:Apparently after one week a sort of activity log with generalized time opens on your profile
That kind of makes me even sadder—if they're tracking time, and just not showing us the details. Although, it could be that they're still working on the actual play-time app (since they're still working on everything), and when it comes out it'll be able to harvest all that data. That would be swell.
At the very least there's a potential for an activity log that has been keeping track of playtime since the beginning.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Downloaded Blaster Master Zero today, to have something I could play in between Zelda sessions. I was also really interested to see how a game that is made with a D-pad in mind would work using the JoyCon's. I have to say, it still feels really good. I like the clicky feel of the buttons, it's not hard at all to maneuver the world using them, diagonal movements work just as well. I will say, using the face buttons as a D-pad is much more suited to the JoyCon grip set up, rather than using free stand alone joycons, just because the angle is easier with the grip. It's still a little awkward using it in portable mode, but overall I'd say it's more comfortable than when using the D-pad on the 3DS. Game gets Pro Controller support on the 16th so I haven't tried that yet.

This game has the best display of HD rumble so far though (that I've experienced). Even just the regular vibrations feel like they have more "omph" to them and take over the entire controller. It rumbles whenever you kill an enemy or charge up a shot, a nice satisfying rumble.

I was going to pick up Shovel Knight today, but I think I'll wait for the co-op update to hit. I think I'll buy the whole package so I have all the games on Switch, considering I'm sure I'll want to play King Knight as well when that comes out.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Did we already determine who got which version of the console?

I know KW is rocking the R/B, while I am sporting the grey.

Did people get a chance to pick the color, or like me, just get whatever was available and call it good?
I intend to live forever, or die trying
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

Kreegs wrote:Did we already determine who got which version of the console?

Did people get a chance to pick the color, or like me, just get whatever was available and call it good?
I grabbed a grey because I didn't really care for the neon one
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:Did we already determine who got which version of the console?

I pre-ordered grey, was going to switch to Neon, but they sold the last neon one to the guy in front of me. I picked up the colored JoyCon's though, as they were a pretty good deal. I was originally thinking of selling the grey ones, but now I can't decide which I like better. Colored is fun, but grey looks really sleek. I switch between the two right now.

I also downloaded World of Goo today, never got to try it out back on Wii. You can use the touch screen to play, or use pointer controls like the original Wii days. It really is neat to think back on the clunky IR pointer controls of the Wii, and see the totally fluid pointer controls coming from the JoyCon's now, sans sensor bar. Can even just set the Switch down on your lap and point at it using a JoyCon.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Nice! I like the colors, but I wish the system itself was colored. If I get new joycons, I would want them to be the same color. I am thinking blue.
I intend to live forever, or die trying