Official Pokémon Discussion Thread

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Re: Official Pokémon Disscussion Thread

Post by pdSlooper »

I picked up a new Pokémon game!
Looks like a real adventure!
Humphries90

Post by Humphries90 »

金 means gold so, you have Gold 2 :lol:
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I only have ever purchased Soul Silver. I know that if I buy another one I will devote my life to it. However, if I should purchase one for the 3DS, what should it be?
I intend to live forever, or die trying
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Post by pdSlooper »

Humphries90 wrote:金 means gold so, you have Gold 2 :lol:
You control Pikachu in-game, but it's a knockoff of another, Sonic-themed knockoff, so it's a platformer and Pikachu runs, jumps, and flips like Sonic. He can even spindash. :lol:
Kreegs wrote:I only have ever purchased Soul Silver. I know that if I buy another one I will devote my life to it. However, if I should purchase one for the 3DS, what should it be?
I didn't like X, so maybe ORAS?
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

pdSlooper wrote:
Humphries90 wrote:金 means gold so, you have Gold 2 :lol:
You control Pikachu in-game, but it's a knockoff of another, Sonic-themed knockoff, so it's a platformer and Pikachu runs, jumps, and flips like Sonic. He can even spindash. :lol:

Haha no way! It's not by Nintendo is it?
Kreegs wrote:I only have ever purchased Soul Silver. I know that if I buy another one I will devote my life to it. However, if I should purchase one for the 3DS, what should it be?
I didn't like X, so maybe ORAS?
Well, I've only ever played the 3DS Pokemon games, so I don't think I have a great opinion on the matter. But, I personally prefer ORAS or XY.

I like ORAS more because it has more interesting additions. There's the DexNav or something which allows you to search for Pokemon in your area, and using it you can see silhouettes of Pokemon in the grass you can sneak up on to battle. I like this mechanic because it reduces the amount of random encounters you run into, and it gives you another reason to try and catch all the pokemon because on the touch screen it will show you your completion rate for each area. You can soar throught he air which is a neat change, and the StreetPass is way better. In XY it does essentially nothing, but in this game you can decorate a cave and send it through streetpass and see other peoples caves. The little features in ORAS made it better for me. The only thing you can't do from XY I think is customize your character.

The map feature is a lot better as well so I got lost a lot less in this one. Also there's so, so many legendary Pokemon.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

So it looks like Pokken Tournament, the Pokemon fighting game based on Tekken, is coming to Wii U worldwide spring 2016. Personally I'm not sure about it as I've never played Tekken, but it's still one more game for Wii U in 2016. It is nice seeing all the Pokemon in shiny HD.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/240981-of ... nintendo-w
Humphries90

Post by Humphries90 »

It doesn't even look or play like a Tekken game. It's more like those Naruto Shippuden (whatever) games.

I'm still looking forward to giving it a try. Hopefully by the time this is released my website will be big enough for Nintendo to send me a review code :lol:
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Humphries90 wrote:It doesn't even look or play like a Tekken game. It's more like those Naruto Shippuden (whatever) games.

I'm still looking forward to giving it a try. Hopefully by the time this is released my website will be big enough for Nintendo to send me a review code :lol:
It definitely looks simpler than Tekken, I've tried the Naruto games though. Haha that would be a good bonus for you!
Audio Ace
Initiate

Post by Audio Ace »

I'd like to see how this game goes. It looks like alot of fun. Hopefully their aren't just a bunch of different pikachus in costumes.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Audio Ace wrote:I'd like to see how this game goes. It looks like alot of fun. Hopefully their aren't just a bunch of different pikachus in costumes.
Do you mean that literally or do you mean you hope for a lot of variety in gameplay? :lol: There definitely won't be 700 Pokemon, but I think there will be a good selection!