Football... of all sorts!

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.

Who do you think will win Super Bowl 50?

Poll ended at 07 Feb 2016 15:01

Carolina Panthers
100%
Denver Broncos
No votes

Total votes: 1

TheGreatNads
Aspirant

Re: Football... of all sorts!

Post by TheGreatNads »

Jarryd Hayne made the 49ers roster, just for the record. Now it will be interesting to see if he gets any playing time in the regular season, or if the hype dies down as he remains on the bench(perhaps even inactive). I'm hoping the former.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Haynes is number 1 in the depth chart on punt return.
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Green Bays been doing great. Rodgers looks unreal and I'm so glad I decided to cheer for the packers over New England, Denver or Baltimore.

Baltimore are playing horrible I think karma has got to them after half their fan base crucified Brady all offseason.

Seahawks also look mediocre. 5 touchdowns in 4 games and according to ESPN the lions should have been given the ball half yard from the end zone instead of Seattle getting a touchback on Monday which could have won the lions the game and put Seahawks 1-3.

First year trying fantasy football. I'm in 4 leagues.

Standard League ($20 buy in): I'm 0-4 my teams lousy Aaron Rodgers is my only good player.
Dynasty League ($10 buy in): 2-2 my teams in the late stages of re-building so I'm surprised I'm 2-2
PPR .5 Australian League (free): 3-1 (1st overall) I love my team I have so much depth and I feel like I could go all the way with this team)
2 QB League with small bench and defence players: 0-4 I would be 1-3 if I started Bree on Monday... Probably got no hope coming back though. Luck was a horrible 1st round pick.
Drauks
Aspirant

Post by Drauks »

I'm loving being a Falcons fan again, especially with the only teams on the ticket that look scary to me being, well, divisional.

The Raiders have me cautiously optimistic, as well. I... don't want to jinx it.
Slurmee wrote:Baltimore are playing horrible I think karma has got to them after half their fan base crucified Brady all offseason.
Nah, Brady deserves anything and everything. Coach is a cheater, just flows downhill.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

This is a bad time for the Whitecaps playing almost like the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Must win tonight or we're kicked out... pretty much. Both games are must wins against Dallas (well against everybody now!)
TheGreatNads
Aspirant

Post by TheGreatNads »

Drauks wrote:I'm loving being a Falcons fan again, especially with the only teams on the ticket that look scary to me being, well, divisional.
Yeah, Atlanta's schedule looks pretty easy. There's no reason for them not to finish with a strong record this season. The Atlanta vs. Carolina matchups look like they could be some of the more interesting games this season, too bad the first one isn't until week 14. I wonder how much things will have changed since then. Personally I expect Atlanta to have a pretty strong season. I haven't yet watched Carolina this season, so I can't say how strong they are.

I'm a fan of Kyle Shanahan, so it pleases me to see the offense performing at such a high level.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Seattle is 2-3 :)

Green Bay is 5-0 :)

Rodgers threw 2 interceptions at home to break the streak :(
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Falcons doing well again. That's nice. Hated to see them lose to the Saints, though. Titans still suck, but at least Mariota sort of doesn't.

In the college football world (the better of the two, IMO), Georgia Tech has gone from riches to rags at an alarming rate. We're currently 2-5 after a historic 11-3 season (only four or five other Tech teams since 1893 have won as many games). Very disappointing. At this point, I'd be happy to get another win or two and have another offseason to figure out what the fuck is going on. Oh well. At least I'll always have last year's special season as part of my undergrad. It really was something else.
You got BOOST power!
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

And my god. I make that last post, and my Jackets turn around and do this!

The context of this play is nearly as mind-boggling as the play itself. Florida State was #9 in the country and had not lost a regular season game since 2012. Their kicker had never had a kick blocked, nor had he ever missed one in the fourth quarter. Meanwhile, Tech was, as my previous post bemoaned, 2-5 and on a historically poor run. So in the face of all those odds, our boys blocked that kick and ran it back for the walk-off victory, and Bobby Dodd Stadium was instantly a madhouse. Unreal. Easily the best home game of my undergraduate career, and on homecoming weekend, no less. A sports memory I'll cherish forever!

Moments like these are *precisely* why I'll always prefer college football to pro. That, and the fact that there's something just slightly more special about cheering for students of one's alma mater than a bunch of randoms from all over the country paid to play ball in my city.
You got BOOST power!