Splatoon

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Re: Splatoon

Post by squishy »

Because I work such long hours, it's taking me forever to level up. Almost at level 7 now. I find that most matches I get put in, I'm the only lower level and everyone else is like level 18-20. Kinda frustrating when you're up against people who have obviously had a lot more time to get used to weapons. Just trying out the NES Zapper now; Up to this point, I had been using the roller.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

squishy wrote:Because I work such long hours, it's taking me forever to level up. Almost at level 7 now. I find that most matches I get put in, I'm the only lower level and everyone else is like level 18-20. Kinda frustrating when you're up against people who have obviously had a lot more time to get used to weapons. Just trying out the NES Zapper now; Up to this point, I had been using the roller.
I do wish they would pair you up with more people at the same level as you. Even when I was like level 5 I was primarily being paired up with level 16-20's.

I've been using the Jet Squelcher with the Kraken ability, good range, good fire rate for painting and probably the best special. I like using the .92 Gal for Ranked battle though because getting kills faster is more important.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I'm planning on starting my speed running career on this game.

Been mucking around with the world 4 skip and have done it once and only took a dozen or so tries. (Thought I was watching a streamer try it for about an hour and a half while the 2nd best speed runner of the game gave her tips so I learnt tons from that.

Nonetheless I'll have to get a capture card if I wanna be super serious about it.

Hopefully I can pull a 1hour 30minute type of time on my first timed run.

Does anyone else here speed run any other games and or this game?

Edit: Splatfest is July 4th for NA and EU
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'm not a hardcore speed runner, but I like to see how quickly I can beat shorter games here and there. The mechanics of this game definitely reinforce speed running!
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Tower Control coming tomorrow. Here's some footage.

Footage starts at 29:10 Click here to go directly to the 29:10
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

Slurmee wrote:Tower Control coming tomorrow. Here's some footage.

Footage starts at 29:10 Click here to go directly to the 29:10
Looks like a fun diversion from the Turf Wars & an excuse to leave large areas of land unpainted.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Looks neat! Still haven't tried the new weapons they added a couple days ago. I'll give it all a roll once the new mode comes out.
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

I had fun with the splatfest yesterday & it was fun.
The colourful festival night, the brightly lit Kitsune & Tanuuki statues & stuff.
According to this Inkipedia page My team rock won while for the US Splatfest team dog unfortunately won.

I also found a weird match making issue where teams have missing players.
One point I eveded up having a team of only 3 players while the rival has 4 players.
Also twice the rival team had only 1 player meaning that it was a one sided match, worst still the second time it happened to a level 2 player.
At least the first time the solo rival at least put up a good fight.
I think one solution to that problem is to trim the excess players of the bigger team to match in with the rival to make it a bit more fair.

Hopefully Nintendo would work on the problem & fixes it.

Still other than that I had fun.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

kawaiipikachu wrote:I had fun with the splatfest yesterday & it was fun.
The colourful festival night, the brightly lit Kitsune & Tanuuki statues & stuff.
According to this Inkipedia page My team rock won while for the US Splatfest team dog unfortunately won.

I also found a weird match making issue where teams have missing players.
One point I eveded up having a team of only 3 players while the rival has 4 players.
Also twice the rival team had only 1 player meaning that it was a one sided match, worst still the second time it happened to a level 2 player.
At least the first time the solo rival at least put up a good fight.
I think one solution to that problem is to trim the excess players of the bigger team to match in with the rival to make it a bit more fair.

Hopefully Nintendo would work on the problem & fixes it.

Still other than that I had fun.
I don't think they quite know what to do when someone drops out or does nothing in a match. I'm guessing they're not sure how to handle things since they don't let you leave a lobby once you've joined.

I missed Splatfest sadly as I was at the lake, surprised to see Dog win. I figured the internet cat memes will win the day, all I saw on Miiverse was cat posts.

I do like the new tower control mode, it's very intense. Sometimes you have to charge in and try to take the tower, but I find the best method is usually to find one good spot when you can move back and forth to take out enemies. Usually they'll either be running to the tower or in common high zones with the same idea as you. I like how the mode works though, good decision to move the tower towards the enemy when you're on it rather than to your own base.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Reached level 20 today, Rank B-.

I like the new weapon neo splattershot (or something like that) for Turf Wars. It's similar to aerospray, shorter range with more damage and ink per second. It's good for quick kills and covering ground fast. Inkzooka is also bonkers on something like port makeral. I'm also liking the forged Splattershot Pro for Turf and the first ranked mode (splat something). Again inkzooka comes in a handy and it's a good ranged high damage weapon. Fills up just enough turf to work in both modes. I'm liking the .96 Gal Deco for tower control though. Quick long range kills without being a sniper. Kraken is also useful to quickly take out the enemy or stay invincible on the tower.