Splatoon

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Re: Splatoon

Post by Kreegs »

I would play Slurm! Can the 4 of us play against another team of humans online? Is that a thing? I need to start playingg this game!
I intend to live forever, or die trying
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kreegs wrote:I would play Slurm! Can the 4 of us play against another team of humans online? Is that a thing? I need to start playingg this game!
I believe so once the updates out on Aug 6th (5th I think for US)
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote:Who's up for me setting up some TONe private matches? Hopefully we have at least 4 people that can play.

Who would be interested and what modes would you want to play?
I'm down for anything, probably Turf War would be the easiest for all of us to get into.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote:
Slurmee wrote:Who's up for me setting up some TONe private matches? Hopefully we have at least 4 people that can play.

I'm down for anything, probably Turf War would be the easiest for all of us to get into.
I can only see splat zone and turf war working unless there's some newer mode. As Tower Control can be kinda hard for new players.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:

I can only see splat zone and turf war working unless there's some newer mode. As Tower Control can be kinda hard for new players.
Yeah unless we were able to have a team of 8 and face each other, but I don't think that will be happening. Splat Zones could work, it's a little more competitive but not bad.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

So we have 3 people atm (Kreeg, Shoe and Me) is there anyone else whom would be keen to do a 2v2?
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

Todays update I been enjoying the bucket weapon & finding it fun to use & notice the changes on the maps.
The maps still pretty much the same layout, just that they change how some of the ramps are yet still retain the core design itself.
Plus I can't wait for the Squid Girl dlc to invade.
Slurmee wrote:So we have 3 people atm (Kreeg, Shoe and Me) is there anyone else whom would be keen to do a 2v2?
I would love to join hopefully I be available on the chosen day & time, just theres a chance that I be unavaliabe as well.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

kawaiipikachu wrote:Todays update I been enjoying the bucket weapon & finding it fun to use & notice the changes on the maps.
The maps still pretty much the same layout, just that they change how some of the ramps are yet still retain the core design itself.
Plus I can't wait for the Squid Girl dlc to invade.
Slurmee wrote:So we have 3 people atm (Kreeg, Shoe and Me) is there anyone else whom would be keen to do a 2v2?
I would love to join hopefully I be available on the chosen day & time, just theres a chance that I be unavaliabe as well.
I was thinking Saturday or Sunday morning our time (So Friday or Saturday early evening or midnightish UK time)
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I played some Squad battles for the first time today, they work pretty good. It seems like they match you up with people who are ranked similar to you and your partner, so it doesn't just match you up with the highest ranked player.

I've also been using the new Slosher in Turf War - it's really good. It's inaccurate for spreading Turf, but it throws a lot of ink and is pretty good for landing KO's. I like that it's especially good for hitting those up high and down below because those two angles are what I have trouble with the most.

I have two friends that would probably be interested in playing with us, so maybe we could possibly get a 3v3 going sometime, definitely a 2v2. My timezone is central, so I'm not sure when the best time would be that we could all get together. I'm good this Sunday anytime after 3:30pm, I can play late as well. I can also play Saturday morning (as early as 8am, up until noon).
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Here's a good video on Y-positioning. I never thought to use the Y button like this, but it looks like it gives you a pretty good advantage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBCHasPh3Qc