What are you playing right now?

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Jordan

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Jordan »

I've played every Ace Attorney game except Meiji Wright and Layton x Wright. I'm actually watching the anime now too.

I liked SoJ better than DD. To be sure, DD was an enjoyable romp with a great prosecutor. However, I felt like the plot fell apart at the end. It also had some forgettable cases in between.

I'm still playing Persona Q but I also bought Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai and plan to play that a bit too. It was on sale so I decided to grab it.
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Post by Kiwi the Tortoise »

The Shoemaker wrote:
Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest - I believe I'm on chapter 17 or 18 now, the one with all the ninja's. Just got my first kids - Kana and Sohpie, both from Corrin and Silas. They are both surprisingly middle of the road units. I was hoping Corrin's high speed and Silas's high defense would make killer units, but I think they both ended up middling to good. Sophie is mostly just redundant - don't need another horse when I already have Silas, Xander and the other brother. I might just say screw the kids, they don't make sense anyways :lol:
If you are interested in a few cools skills for your characters, drop by my castle :-D
You can buy skills from other players characters if you beat them in their own castle in a fair fight.
If you tell me first I may make it easy for you.

I started playing the PC version of Elminage Gothic basically an old-Wizardry style dungeon crawler originally release in JP for PSP and later 3ds. I wish we would have gotten one of those versions instead since the interface is awkward for Mouse/Keyboard play.
The class/race selection is quite nice, but there are a lot of elements that are retro in an uncomfortable way.
Haven't really made up my mind yet...
Kiwi the TORT joins the Shining Force!
PoisonRamune
Chatbox Gargoyle
Chatbox Gargoyle

Post by PoisonRamune »

Monster Hunter G
At this point it's kind of the only video game I play... I've pretty much gone full on pinball, X-Wings the miniatures game and Dungeons and Dragons
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Grand Kingdom, which went on sale just a few days after I bought it. DOH!

Fun game though!
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I picked up Disgaea 4 on sale for $20.00 and have greatly enjoyed the wild ride through the Netherworld. This is effectively my first Disgaea game. I had tried Disgaea 2 before but never got very far. I stuck it out with Disgaea 4 despite the tedious tutorials and am glad I did so. It's a lot of fun.
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Post by Kiwi the Tortoise »

Odin Sphere on PS4

Absolutely love the art direction and how the different character plot threads come together, while still being nice on their own terms.
Kiwi the TORT joins the Shining Force!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Monster Hunter Generations: Been playing this a lot for the last month or so. I'm sitting on the HR 5 urgent quests right now, no big rush to make it through them. Still using low-rank Nargacuga armor as I haven't felt the need for high rank armor yet, also not sure what I want to make! Probably wait for some HR 6 monsters.

The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening (3DS VC): I've had this one since 2011 I believe, so it's well past due that I beat it. It's one of my new year's gaming resolutions as well. I finally found the 7th dungeon today - this has been my road block for the last year or so. The problem with playing a game you haven't played in months is you forget where you are, what you've done, and where you're to go :lol: Can't be too much left after this.

Super Mario Maker:
Been casually playing this for the last week or so. Nice to pass the time while watching TV, tackling the 100 Mario Challenge or something. Still lots of cool levels to see, and and overwhelming amount of garbage :lol:

Game of Thrones: Telltale series
- One more episode to go! Finished the 5th the other night, I've also been working on this one for almost a year now.

I've also been playing a healthy dose of Picross e5!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I've been playing a game called Rogue State. Basically you get to be the dictator of a Middle Eastern country.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Been playing a lot of Pokemon Sun, about 40 hours in now. Really solid entry, my favorite so far. Been focusing on filling out my dex and evolving Pokemon. I feel like I might finally get into breeding and IV training this time around, but that all depends on how I feel once I get to the end of the game and how compelling the multiplayer actually is.

Not playing now, but the first couple weeks of November were dedicated to Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright, which I thought was fantastic. Somehow the two gameplay styles work really well together. The Layton side of things fill in the gaps between trials and allow the story to be a lot wider in scope compared to the regular Ace Attorney games, and the trials add variety to the Layton formula as well as offering more heated, confrontational story segments. Might be my favorite entry in both franchises.

Even earlier in the month and dipping into late October I was playing Link's Awakening and Oracle of Seasons. Both Game Boy titles I hadn't played previously. Of the two I liked Oracle of Seasons better as I felt it had the technical edge on LA's, which was a bit slow and clunky with the menu's.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I'm still playing The Evil Within in Akumu mode - have been stuck at the same fight for a long time. I think I'm getting closer now. I'd had to sit myself down and have a serious talk, "Sharecrow, you cannot kill all of them. You are seriously outnumbered. You don't have enough time, space, or ammunition to take them all. Let it go. Fight a little then get out of there." It took a long time for me to accept that. I actually got somewhat close a time or two today approaching it in a more reasonable and less sociopathic manner. Honestly it's hard to put words around what that second phase of the ambush looks like. It's just bonkers. Enemies dropping through the ceiling randomly and in great numbers, others kicking in walls, all fast and extremely aggressive. Any mistake almost always results in death and then you get sent back to do everything again.

I also started playing Ether One a day or two ago. So far I really like it. As far as puzzle games normally getting rejected by me, this hasn't yet but it's still early. The thing is just that I'm sooooo bad at them. They puzzle me. Then I get restless and decide to do something else.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.