What are you playing right now?

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Jordan

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Jordan »

I made a new account in League of Legends and started playing that again. Maybe it's because I'm getting old, but I get cramps in the back of my hand when clicking around a lot these days.
Pokemon Sun: Beat the game and completed the regional Pokedex! Wasn't too difficult actually, took me about 80 hours to beat the game at which point I was already at 75% with my dex. Then I started searching for the few I missed, offered some trades online and bam, Pokedex completed 20 hours later. There was some Post game story as well so that took up the bulk of the time. Really enjoyed this one.
80 hours? Holy crap. :shock:

Is Pokemon S&M's storyline really that long?
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Jordan wrote:I made a new account in League of Legends and started playing that again. Maybe it's because I'm getting old, but I get cramps in the back of my hand when clicking around a lot these days.
Pokemon Sun: Beat the game and completed the regional Pokedex! Wasn't too difficult actually, took me about 80 hours to beat the game at which point I was already at 75% with my dex. Then I started searching for the few I missed, offered some trades online and bam, Pokedex completed 20 hours later. There was some Post game story as well so that took up the bulk of the time. Really enjoyed this one.
80 hours? Holy crap. :shock:

Is Pokemon S&M's storyline really that long?
Apparently my play time is a lot longer than the typical time, I think the average length is 30 hours or so for the main game. I spent a lot more time on this one than previous games just because I enjoyed it a lot more. I didn't feel like I was playing the game slow, but I did switch up my Pokemon team constantly to prevent being over leveled, lots of time trading and using the Poke Pelago feature, hatching eggs ect.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
RamenJunkie
Initiate

Post by RamenJunkie »

I've been switching between Overwatch and Battlefield 1 since early December. BF1 started out my preferred of the two but it's quickly getting stale honestly and Overwatch is taking over.

I'm also working on Life is Strange.
--
Ramen Junkie

http://www.lameazoid.com
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

RamenJunkie wrote:I've been switching between Overwatch and Battlefield 1 since early December. BF1 started out my preferred of the two but it's quickly getting stale honestly and Overwatch is taking over.

I've been going back and forth between picking up Overwatch or not. Looks like a fun engaging multiplayer game, but I generally don't play multiplayer games a lot, especially online ones, due to me not having a lot of time. I'm also pretty bad at first person shooters as I rarely play them.

But it still looks fun, so I don't know!
RamenJunkie
Initiate

Post by RamenJunkie »

The Shoemaker wrote:
RamenJunkie wrote:I've been switching between Overwatch and Battlefield 1 since early December. BF1 started out my preferred of the two but it's quickly getting stale honestly and Overwatch is taking over.

I've been going back and forth between picking up Overwatch or not. Looks like a fun engaging multiplayer game, but I generally don't play multiplayer games a lot, especially online ones, due to me not having a lot of time. I'm also pretty bad at first person shooters as I rarely play them.

But it still looks fun, so I don't know!
It reminds me a lot of TF2 only less dumb economy and hat drama. I've played more TF2 than probably any other game, I'm not sure if that helps any.
--
Ramen Junkie

http://www.lameazoid.com
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Overwatch is not for me. It's a straight-up PvP shooter, so without any sense of progress or progression to keep playing it, the hooks just brush right off me. Kind of like Street Fighter with more players. I can at least appreciate that it seems to be well-designed, which is why the Team Fortress 2 crowd seems to like it. That said, from what little I played, I still think I prefer Team Fortress 2.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:Overwatch is not for me. It's a straight-up PvP shooter, so without any sense of progress or progression to keep playing it
I think that's the big detractor for me, I'm more of an achievement oriented gamer. I like to reach a goal and then be done with a game, or at least have a new goal to keep striving for.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I was playing Inside, which I downloaded the other day during the end of the holiday sale, but I just finished it in one 2-hour sitting. This was a game that I went into unspoiled, because people hinted that that might be important, so I'll keep up the pretence and not spoil anything for anyone who hasn't played it yet, other than to say that the whole game is a metaphor for taking a difficult poop. Great comedy game. Very glad I didn't pay the full $27 asking price for it, though.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I'm replaying Red Dead Redemption and having a blast. The other day I was looking at stats and it said I'd played more than 24 hours. I thought surely I left it running or something. Upon thinking about it though I think that's right. I've basically played it for a day and still have much to do :)
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Sharecrow wrote:I'm replaying Red Dead Redemption and having a blast. The other day I was looking at stats and it said I'd played more than 24 hours. I thought surely I left it running or something. Upon thinking about it though I think that's right. I've basically played it for a day and still have much to do :)
I can't help but imagine Texas as the world of Red Dead now, a wild west where everybody shoots celebratory gun shots :lol: