Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Post by The Shoemaker »

Spore wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote: Also, check out this video of Villager pocketing Link's Final Smash, I flipped out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W35BxjRrGpY
Word on the street is that he doesn't actually pocket the final smash (notice his shrug after doing it, indicating he pocketed nothing). The pocket merely gives a few frames of invulnerability that dodges the final smash.
That makes more sense now that I look at it, also makes sense why the video didn't show anything afterwards (if he could pocket most would want to see him use it afterwards). I have heard that he can actually pocket final smashes that are projectiles like Zelda's arrow, though again that could be hocus pocus.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

This commercial for the game in North America is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKEsviMNOLI

SETTLE IT IN SMASH!
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote:This commercial for the game in North America is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKEsviMNOLI

SETTLE IT IN SMASH!
TORNADO UPPERCUTTTT!!
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Not sure how many of you have played Game and Wario, but the best mode in the game involved you trying to play videos games past your bed time hoping your mom didn't catch you doing so

Such a ridiculous idea to make a level out of :lol:
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

So, I've had the game about 18 hours now. Let me just clear up one possible concern...

My online experience was *excellent*. I might even say flawless. I experienced no lag that I can recall, and the matchmaking system is speedy (anytime anyone dropped out, I had a new opponent within 5 seconds). I'm really quite impressed with Nintendo this time around. They seem much more prepared than they were for Brawl, which hard horrible online around launch (and it only got marginally better thereafter). Really, really pleased with the online play.

Just wanted to get that out there. :)
You got BOOST power!
slangman
Beginner

Post by slangman »

My copy arrived on Thursday. So far, the game has lived up to my expactations, and I find it very hard to put the game down, not just for single player, but online/local multiplayer as well.

Have only been playing online 24 hours, but so far have had really good matches with the exception of just one match that had bad lag. Much better than the horrible online mode of Super Smash Bros Brawl, which was unplayable. As I have said above, the online mode in the 3DS version is making it difficult to put the game down, so I would say it is excellent for sure. :D
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Literally just played the game for 6 hours :p

I really like Smash Run, I didn't know how into it I would be but I like it quite a bit. Mostly because of all the powers and custom moves you unlock from playing it. It also manages to offer pretty different experiences each time you play it. When I first looked at customizing characters I didn't know if I wanted to put in the effort, but I really love it now. I think we should definitely use custom moves in tournments :)

I still haven't tried all of the characters yet, but every one I've played seemed to be good on their own, they did a good job of balancing all of the characters and making them all feel like they have their own strengths.

I played a bunch of matches with friends last night online, which was really smooth. With 3 people it gets a little laggy, but not unplayable in the slightest. 1 on 1 For Glory mode seemed to work about as good. 4 player For Fun mode is pretty laggy, but again it's playable. Nothing close to the freeze frame that was Brawl. And you do get set up with an opponent really fast, I've never waited for anyone to join so far - unlike in Brawl where you'd be sitting around for half an hour waiting for someone to join just to play a lag fest anyways.

We'll have to set up a few unofficial TONe matches!
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

The Shoemaker wrote:Literally just played the game for 6 hours :p

Just now had to force myself to stop and go to bed. And now I'm just on the internet reading about Smash. :D
The Shoemaker wrote:We'll have to set up a few unofficial TONe matches!
Yes, please!
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Claytone wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Literally just played the game for 6 hours :p
Just now had to force myself to stop and go to bed. And now I'm just on the internet reading about Smash. :D
The Shoemaker wrote:We'll have to set up a few unofficial TONe matches!
Yes, please!
I thought my 11 hours in one day was impressive :shock:
Han Solo
Cinephile and Gamer

Post by Han Solo »

I'm loving the game so far. I was quite surprised how quickly I unlocked all the characters. Otherwise my only complaints are that the circle pad isn't comfortable to use as a proper stick and in the twenty or so online matches I played, there usually was some lag. The online lag is an improvement over what I remember from Brawl's online though.