Trophy Bragging Rights

The home of various "master lists" of This Old Neon members' gaming accomplishments and collections. Achievements and trophies, play time, and lists of collected and completed games go here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Trophy Bragging Rights

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote: 22 Jan 2023 08:58 Platinum trophy #61: TOEM: A Photo Adventure (PS5)

This was one of the PlayStation Plus freebies from September 2022, and I was in the mood for what looked like a relaxing/chill game after pounding through a few stages of Tactics Ogre: Reborn. This fit the bill perfectly! It's a cute little puzzle adventure / fetch quest game where your little dude goes around and takes pictures of stuff and solves the locals' problems. I don't think I'd recommend it for the full $30 asking price, but if you picked it up on PS+ already or it drops under $10, don't sleep on it.
Platinum trophy #62: Pic-a-Pix Color (PS4 via PS5)

Another game I started back in the PS4 days and re-discovered because I was looking for something relaxing to play between more serious gaming missions. It's a clunky Picross knock-off but it does have a colour-blindness-friendly mode and it was very relaxing (in the sense that the puzzles were generally orders of magnitude easier than typical Picross puzzles for their size).
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote: 10 Feb 2023 16:27 Platinum trophy #62: Pic-a-Pix Color (PS4 via PS5)

Another game I started back in the PS4 days and re-discovered because I was looking for something relaxing to play between more serious gaming missions. It's a clunky Picross knock-off but it does have a colour-blindness-friendly mode and it was very relaxing (in the sense that the puzzles were generally orders of magnitude easier than typical Picross puzzles for their size).
Platinum trophy #63: Puyo Puyo Tetris (PS4 via PS5)

With wide-eyed optimism, I picked this game up in 2017 and played a fun party session with Vic & Clay. Then Vic immediately sold the game because it didn't click with him, and I shelved it for a long time. A few weeks ago, I was looking for an easy(ish) game to play idly while relaxing on the couch between more serious play sessions—something like Tetris!—and then I remembered that I literally owned a half-finished Tetris game. So I dug out this old disc and muscled through the Puyo story missions that had stumped me before. Boom. Done.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote: 10 Feb 2023 16:27 Platinum trophy #63: Puyo Puyo Tetris (PS4 via PS5)

With wide-eyed optimism, I picked this game up in 2017 and played a fun party session with Vic & Clay. Then Vic immediately sold the game because it didn't click with him, and I shelved it for a long time. A few weeks ago, I was looking for an easy(ish) game to play idly while relaxing on the couch between more serious play sessions—something like Tetris!—and then I remembered that I literally owned a half-finished Tetris game. So I dug out this old disc and muscled through the Puyo story missions that had stumped me before. Boom. Done.
Platinum trophy #64: Gris (PS5)

This game was more beautiful and affecting than I thought it was going to be, and I was fully expecting it to be that kind of game. Nicely executed platformer, well-paced, perfect length, good atmospheric music, great integration of its thematic material into the gameplay, etc. Happy I finally played it!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote: 08 Mar 2023 02:06 Platinum trophy #64: Gris (PS5)

This game was more beautiful and affecting than I thought it was going to be, and I was fully expecting it to be that kind of game. Nicely executed platformer, well-paced, perfect length, good atmospheric music, great integration of its thematic material into the gameplay, etc. Happy I finally played it!
Platinum trophy #65: A Short Hike (PS4 via PS5)

A really cute little low-stakes adventure game that lets you get right on with the adventure if you want. You can tackle the main goal (climb the mountain), but the game offers tempting little side-quests and errands to take part in. They're compelling because they're easy and not time consuming, just a little jaunt here and there to help people. It's got a lighthearted atmosphere and the characters are all kind. Even the people you're "competing" with are supportive and friendly. A great little diversion. Easily worth the $5 or whatever it was on sale for.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Got a platinum in Final Fantasy. What an outstanding game.

I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Cleared FFII for platinum number 59. Theme song!

I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Congrats, Share! That's an impressive one!
You got BOOST power!
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I went back and dated each of my platinums. Interesting peaks and valleys in my platinum achievement rate.

2012 - 3
2013 - 2
2014 - 3
2015 - 1
2016 - 10
2017 - 9
2018 - 7
2019 - 4
2020 - 3
2021 - 4
2022 - 9
2023 (so far) - 4
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

I've got 3 bronze trophies 8-)
Grt. Merlin

Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Very special platinum today - my daughter got her first (counts as my 60th) platinum in Bugsnax. Wow!