Trophy Bragging Rights

The home of various "master lists" of This Old Neon members' gaming accomplishments and collections. Achievements and trophies, play time, and lists of collected and completed games go here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Trophy Bragging Rights

Post by Kong Wen »

Sharecrow wrote: 23 Jun 2023 18:48 Very special platinum today - my daughter got her first (counts as my 60th) platinum in Bugsnax. Wow!
Amazing, congratulations!!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Got number 61 with FFIII. What a fun game. Did like 1 and 2 more, though.

I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I completed Rondo of Blood! Just got a gold for it but that’s probably my high point for the year.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Sharecrow wrote: 08 Aug 2023 00:20 I completed Rondo of Blood! Just got a gold for it but that’s probably my high point for the year.
Congrats!! :belmont: :belmont: :belmont:
You got BOOST power!
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Knocked out FF4. Weakest of the first four IMHO.

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Sharecrow wrote: 24 Aug 2023 13:08 Knocked out FF4. Weakest of the first four IMHO.
Congrats on knocking out the strongest of the first five IMHO! Are you planning [platting] to move on to FFV soon? I know you've been through that one relatively recently.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Kong Wen wrote: 24 Aug 2023 13:45
Sharecrow wrote: 24 Aug 2023 13:08 Knocked out FF4. Weakest of the first four IMHO.
Congrats on knocking out the strongest of the first five IMHO! Are you planning [platting] to move on to FFV soon? I know you've been through that one relatively recently.
I haven’t decided yet. I did download it but we shall see what I’m in the mood for tonight. Either that or Expanse or RE2…
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote: 08 Mar 2023 21:29 Platinum trophy #65: A Short Hike (PS4 via PS5)

A really cute little low-stakes adventure game that lets you get right on with the adventure if you want. You can tackle the main goal (climb the mountain), but the game offers tempting little side-quests and errands to take part in. They're compelling because they're easy and not time consuming, just a little jaunt here and there to help people. It's got a lighthearted atmosphere and the characters are all kind. Even the people you're "competing" with are supportive and friendly. A great little diversion. Easily worth the $5 or whatever it was on sale for.
Platinum trophy #66: Final Fantasy XVI (PS5)

Excellent game. I loved the world, the characters, the pivot to action, and the ending. The platinum is somewhat arduous because it requires a full second play-through the game. I didn't mind, because the game is fun, and even though hard mode is hard enough that you can't just breeze through it, being fully familiar with the combat mechanics does make it smoother (as does being able to skip all the cutscenes). Looking forward to the DLC.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote: 08 Mar 2023 21:29 Platinum trophy #66: Final Fantasy XVI (PS5)

Excellent game. I loved the world, the characters, the pivot to action, and the ending. The platinum is somewhat arduous because it requires a full second play-through the game. I didn't mind, because the game is fun, and even though hard mode is hard enough that you can't just breeze through it, being fully familiar with the combat mechanics does make it smoother (as does being able to skip all the cutscenes). Looking forward to the DLC.
Platinum trophy #67: Final Fantasy VII: Remake (PS4 via PS5)

It was really nice to get back to this after shelving it for three years due to a particularly annoying late game sequence. The only trophy I needed was the hard mode clear, and I was sitting on the last chapter. That sequence was still as shitty as ever, but I did it and now I don't have it looming over me anymore. The impetus for finishing was the impending release of Rebirth (and a PSN deal where you can get the PS5 version of Remake with the DLC for free if you pre-order the sequel). That means I still have some stuff to check out when I install the upgraded version.

EDIT:

OK heh after installing the PS5 version to get cracking on the DLC, my carried-over save data caused all the trophies except for the new ones to repop, so I guess this is technically also my Platinum trophy #68: Final Fantasy VII: Remake Intergrade (PS5).
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Scored a platinum in the fantastic Berzerk: Recharged. I’m still going to spend loads of time with this one.

Who says that pain has to hurt?

[youtube]https://youtu.be/8qyvHEblZFA?si=6o38fPhn8uutE3qc[/youtube]