Trophy Bragging Rights

The home of various "master lists" of This Old Neon members' gaming accomplishments and collections. Achievements and trophies, play time, and lists of collected and completed games go here.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Re: Trophy Bragging Rights

Post by Claytone »

Platinum 🏆#️⃣1️⃣1️⃣ is Marvel's Spider-Man. This was an easy platinum, as I recall being widely reported around the game's release, but not insultingly so. It essentially just demands that you do all of the side content (reasonable for a platinum), but it doesn't ask that you do it on a certain difficulty (or multiple difficulties), beat the game more than once, or any of myriad similar things that other grindier platinums ask. A well-tuned one, in my opinion! Glad I snagged it.
You got BOOST power!
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I got my 40th platinum in The Order: 1886. Pretty good game overall. Easy platinum too in that it didn’t require a hard mode play through. I wasn’t expecting this to be my 40th but that’s how it turned out.

Theme song!

I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Platinum 🏆#️⃣1️⃣2️⃣ is Tearaway! Pretty standard platinum: 100% the game, do a couple levels without dying, take a couple novelty photos with the in-game camera, and get a couple unique kills. Personally, I appreciate platinums like this. It encouraged me to see the whole game without forcing me to do anything excessively grindy. That's the sweetspot, IMO.
You got BOOST power!
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I scored my 41st platinum in Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune. Only the second game I’ve liked enough to platinum twice (the other being Shadow of the Colossus). Was fun and relatively easy.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Platinum 🏆#️⃣1️⃣3️⃣ is Streets of Rage 4! Probably my favorite/proudest platinum yet. Getting S ranks on every level on hard is quite tough, and I'm proud to have done it. I think the points grind it demanded could've been toned down a notch, but that's a minor gripe. Much more annoying is that the "complete the game with X character" trophies only pop in single player! Very dumb for such a co-op oriented game, IMO. Nevertheless, glad to have it. Definitely a GotY candidate for me.

Also amusing, the aforementioned S-Rank trophy was my 1337th trophy. How appropriate. :D
You got BOOST power!
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Platinum 🏆#️⃣1️⃣4️⃣ is Now THIS is podracing from Star Wars Episode I: Racer. This was a very, very easy platinum that was really fun to get. I love white-knuckle racers, and Ep 1 Racer delivered the goods. Platinum pretty much just entails finishing first in all races, finishing a mirror race, and performing a couple in-race actions. Very simple. I'll take it!
You got BOOST power!
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

6th Platinum - Spider-man.

Fairly fun challenging enough with the drone challenges. I haven't 100%'d the game since there's New Game+ Difficulty and Benchmarks but I did beat all the challenges on hardest difficulty.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Upcoming Trophy levelling changes detailed – PlayStation.Blog
https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/07 ... -detailed/

Basically levels go up to 999 now very interesting
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

SkyPikachu wrote: 08 Oct 2020 00:11 Upcoming Trophy levelling changes detailed – PlayStation.Blog
https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/07 ... -detailed/

Basically levels go up to 999 now very interesting
Interesting. I feel like they kind of flattened out the mids with this update. I got translated up to level 375 with what, 50-odd platinum trophies? And a friend of mine who has around half that (26 maybe) is level 325.

They must make the early levels go REALLY FAST to make new players feel really good.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote: 31 Oct 2019 13:43 Platinum trophy #56: Hollow Knight: Voidheart Edition

This game blew my mind with how much content and world they kept rolling out at you. Every time you turn around, there's exponentially more to do. There were surprising platforming sections, and surprising intricate boss fights, making this much more than your average collect-and-explore game. It also really did the "found lore" approach to a dead/dying world quite nicely as well. Highly recommended for anyone who likes hard platformers or Metcastlevanias. Especially since it can be found on sale for $10. This has the meat of a $60 game.
It took me literally an entire year, but...

Platinum trophy #57: Astro's Playroom

I normally don't really care for 3D platformers. At best I find them functional. But I really enjoyed this one. I think because it's compact and focused and snappy. The PS5's next-gen hardware definitely helps with that last point, where jumping around between stages is instant. They highlighted a couple of key DualSense mechanics, but they were special features of specific areas so it didn't feel like they were scattered randomly about the place. Plus I loved all the little PlayStation history tidbits that literally filled up every stage. Cute game.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming