Trophy Bragging Rights

The home of various "master lists" of This Old Neon members' gaming accomplishments and collections. Achievements and trophies, play time, and lists of collected and completed games go here.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Re: Trophy Bragging Rights

Post by Claytone »

Just added my newest Platinum with Persona 4: Dancing All Night

I would say this is one of the easiest games I've ever gotten 100% Trophies/Xbox Achievements/Steam achievements on. Very little of it relies on difficulty setting (which seems to be a series staple: almost nothing is locked by difficulty), so it's a Platinum that should be acquirable by just about anyone that is interested in the game. It's not quite as easy as The Walking Dead (unmissable) or Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, but those are probably the only two games with easier 100% achievement/trophy requirements that I've played.*

*Edit: Oh, except for that dumb Avatar game in which you can get all 1000 gamerpoints in about 30 seconds. Forgot about that one.
You got BOOST power!
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I just got my first platinum in a long time in Assassin's Creed: Unity. Good game. Can't wait for Syndicate!

Theme song!

I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I got platinum in Shadow of the Colossus finally. I mentioned in the chat but one of those hard mode time attacks was really possibly the most difficult thing I've ever successfully done in any game in my life. It was so complicated and demanding. Took me dozens of tries (I hesitate to guess how many). Great game, though, and had lots of fun scouring it.

Theme song!

I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Sharecrow wrote:I got platinum in Shadow of the Colossus finally.
Congrats Share! What a great accomplishment! I know that one was on your list for a long time.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Yasume
Aspirant

Post by Yasume »

Great job, Share. How many hours did it take you?

Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Yasume wrote:Great job, Share. How many hours did it take you?
I'm really not sure because a lot of my playing time wasn't productive. My kids started loving the game so we'd spend time doing time attacks that weren't necessary, riding around on Agro for no reason, wandering, and etc. I also consumed way more fruit than I needed to. I'm guessing 60 hours for platinum but I've got twice that in the game probably. We're still playing it.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Pleased to say I grabbed the platinum for Metal Gear Solid 3! I mentioned this a bit in the game clear thread, but I had a lot of fun going back through this game, the one that got me hooked on Metal Gear.

I originally played it on 3DS, so the opportunity to go back and get a fresh set of trophies was enough to encourage me to replay a game I'd already beaten, which I seldom do. The entire trophy set can be done on the Very Easy difficulty setting, but it would have felt wrong to get the Platinum entirely on Very Easy, so I got the most challenging one, for beating the game with no kills, on the hardest difficulty, European Extreme, which gives you a Game Over upon being seen. It was very challenging, but I had a lot of fun with it! I look forward to seeing about MGS4's trophies some time.
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Finally just finished the Platinum for The Talos Principle (PS4)! This game was way bigger than I thought it would be! The Gehenna expansion pretty much doubled the content. Very good game.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I got a couple of easy but enjoyable platinum trophies in Sly Cooper 1 and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. I had a blast with both of them. I'm starting the sequel to the latter today or tomorrow and can't wait to see what it's like and what it has in it. Good times.

Neither of these took long enough to develop a theme song....
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I got my fourth platinum so far this year with Assassin's Creed: Syndicate. Despite my not being too excited about it due to its setting (I did like the setting, but it wouldn't have been my choice), I think this is the best Assassin's Creed game I've played so far. I'm going to go back and do the Jack the Ripper DLC at some point.

Theme song!