Fairune

A place to discuss mobile gaming across all tablet and smartphone platforms, including Android, iOS, and Windows.
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Fairune

Post by pdSlooper »

I downloaded Fairune (iOS/Android) a while ago and just got to playing it the other day. I'd best describe it as a Zelda-ish RPG. You explore the world, opening up new areas by solving Zelda-esque puzzles. However, you fight monsters in a Ys I manner --by running into them-- and there's a leveling system that allows you to gradually attack stronger and stronger monsters.

It took me 2 and a half hours to beat and was a fun little romp. It's free and there's no ads so I thought I'd recommend it.
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Re: Fairune

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

It looks nice...but I'm always slightly concerned when an app says it needs access to my photos.

Why and for what purpose could it possibly need that?
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Post by pdSlooper »

Huh. I dunno where it says that, but I played the game through and it doesn't seem to use screenshots or photos for anything. I even used the tweet option (but not the facebook one) to see if it's one of the games that posts a screenshot along with the tweet (it doesn't).
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

pdSlooper wrote:Huh. I dunno where it says that, but I played the game through and it doesn't seem to use screenshots or photos for anything. I even used the tweet option (but not the facebook one) to see if it's one of the games that posts a screenshot along with the tweet (it doesn't).
It's a message I get before downloading requesting permissions.

To be honest it's increasingly common with apps in general and something i find disturbing...especially when there seems to be no real justification for it.
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Post by pdSlooper »

You can now buy Fairune on the 3DS eshop for $4. The 3DS version has a map, a (hidden) extra item, an enemies/items chart, and a short bonus dungeon.