Bloodborne

Sony discussion, including PS3, PS4, Vita, PS VR, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Mobile, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, PlayStation TV, and Trophies.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Bloodborne

Post by Kong Wen »

Bloodborne is the upcoming PS4-exclusive co-developed by FromSoftware and SCE Japan, the team-up behind the surprise hit Demon's Souls on PS3 that went on to spawn a multi-platform blockbuster series in Dark Souls. Hidetaka Miyazaki returns to the helm as director after a brief ouster for Dark Souls II.

A gameplay trailer was revealed at Gamescom yesterday.

Some outlets have already seized on the teaser that was most exciting for me: the voice of the Maiden in Black from Demon's Souls! I think people are likely missing the mark by assuming it'll be the same character, but the fact that it's the same voice actor is more than enough for me. She's awesome! And as our very own VictorViper pointed out in the chat yesterday, From has made good (repeated) use of their stable of (excellent) VAs, so it's not surprising to hear her return.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Bloodborne

Post by Kong Wen »

Here's an embedded version of the video linked in the previous post. :)

EDIT:

And here's a lot more info on the game from the PS Blog.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

I'm increasingly excited seeing the blunderbuss/hand cannon in action. It seems to be more of a crowd and space control device than a ranged tool in the limited gameplay we've seen, but I'm sure that'll be highly adjustable via stats and equipment.

I'm loving everything I've seen so far and those werewolves... AWESOME.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote:I'm increasingly excited seeing the blunderbuss/hand cannon in action. It seems to be more of a crowd and space control device than a ranged tool in the limited gameplay we've seen, but I'm sure that'll be highly adjustable via stats and equipment.
Yes, it seems like it's a close-range stunner, possible crowd control, possible combo-setup tool. I'm hoping the game retains its realistic feel despite the fact that it's being marketed as a "faster" game. I trust Miyazaki to know what he's doing and to follow his vision now that he's back in charge of this.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

From what's been shown, I'm pretty sure faster translates to a more aggressive style (enemy posturing, mobs, etc.) as opposed to combo- and juggle-centric mechanics. I'm pretty confident the methodical, strategic combat will remain in tact.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

That looks pretty interesting. For my part, not having played any Dark Souls games, I wouldn't be concerned about their broadening the potential audience by making it less punishing. Ninja Gaiden 3 got grilled for being too easy but no one ever said that who played it in Hard or in Extreme (or whatever it's called) modes. I'm sure there is ample challenge available for those who seem it if it is designed well.

I need to get around to Dark Souls. Urg - my Demons Souls is lent out too and I'd prefer to platinum it first. Ah well. Patience is mine! Patience is mine!
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Here's a member of SCE Japan talking about the new "offensive" style of combat and some of the new features (like a method to regain your health by counter-attacking enemies who have hit you).

Share, you should have connected Demon's Souls to your account when it was on PS+! Then you'd be picking your cloud save up where you left off. :(
Starmancer
☆Magic Man☆

Post by Starmancer »

I can't say I'm too excited for this. Like, disregarding my hate for the Souls games, I don't see anything about it that really gets me excited even on a base level. Oh well, if it means more money for the next Armored Core, I guess I can't complain about the hype.
Backloggery

Look Ma, Imma Star!
TheGreatNads
Aspirant

Post by TheGreatNads »

That last screenshot in the last link Kong Wen posted is amazing looking.

Also, I want to see footage of the game's combat in use with more enemies on screen. That's something that was talked about in the same link, but none of the footage has featured more than two or three enemies. Actually the combat footage has looked underwhelming when contrasted with all the talk about new features. It really has looked like the same Soul's combat. So I look forward to more footage in the future that better shows off the new features. I imagine footage with more enemies probably would illuminate some of the newer combat elements better.