Bloodborne

Sony discussion, including PS3, PS4, Vita, PS VR, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Mobile, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, PlayStation TV, and Trophies.
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Re: Bloodborne

Post by Kiwi the Tortoise »

Mini-update
Spoiler
Got jailed and freed a nun.
Wasted a lot of ressources exploring the turf and got murdered by a boss with my pants down (no potions)
Decided to explore the old town and gather some stuff, chatted with the machine gun dude (still tempted to kick his arse off the tower)
Got a Stake Driver now which may become my main weapon.
Currently grinding for ressources, especially fire items, since that bastard of a boss looks flammable to me.
Kiwi the TORT joins the Shining Force!
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Another little update:
Spoiler
The Darkbeast can one-shot me, so I continued elsewhere.
Went into the password protected woods and try diligently to only step into each booby trap once...
Didn't open any shortcuts yet, just looted everything up to the ruined village.
Also went into the woods of twirly witches, which seems (aside from the glowy red beserker shrubberies) fairly harmless. Opened a shortcut and I got a Tonsil Stone from a window.

Mostly using the stake driver now, with Ludwig's Blade as secondary weapon to figure out if it fits me.
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Time to give the thread a fresh infusion:

After fiddling around in a new game for a moment, I came back to my old save and entered a chalice dungeon, where
Spoiler
..a Boss kicks my arse around. Though I think it may be do-able. Though I was quickly reminded how annoying it is to have to go grinding for heals. I miss the Estus flask.
Also did a few suicide runs and got my hands on a nifty cattle prod weapon. I generally noticed that pretty much all weapons seem to have at least a D-level with arcane and pumped a few points in it, now I can use the hunter's bone aswell. To get back on track, I started grinding a bit by killing werewolves to gain a few points in my stats and shards to bring the cattle prod up to speed. I also sold the doll armor set, since I will never use it and it's worth a fortune.
Also got all other main weapons currently on sale that I didn't have yet (the starters, the gun-spear combo) and toyed around with them for a while. Gonna stick with the stakedriver and the prod for now.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

You have reminded me I never did get around to making an arcane build in BB. Guess I know what I'm doing when the DLC drops.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Ok...
Spoiler
After farming for upgrade material for a while and using it on what weapons I have, I noticed that Ludwig's Sword has quite an amazing scaling (currenty Str B, Dex C, Arc B) and I use it now instead of the stakedriver. I leveled it up to +6 now and gave it two runes which give it fire dmg. My main weapon is the Tonitrus (+6) though. I put several points into my Str. and Arcane values (which improves the output of farming quite a bit btw) and the lightning hits hard. The only stat I completely ignored so far is bloodtinge, I don't like to rely on guns here.

In terms of progress, I killed the witch(es) of Hemwick on first try and looted the entire place and slew an undead giant in the chalice dungeon. Also I unlocked multiple shortcuts in the forest, found snakes, boars and the weird corner of the mushroom men.

I am at a point with plus 20 insight (I spend some on the equipment items of the dead hunters) and have quite a few items to further increase it, though I realized how the difficulty is affected (Berserkersickleshrubberymen popping up, guards near Amelia's place buffed up, I could swear ther are new soundeffects in the background) and am scared to use them....
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Spoiler
1) You should be afraid of insight. Very, very afraid. But.........

2) Regarding the chat, the person you killed has another end. She drops a semi-unique item necessary for <extra spoiler> but the game gives you ONE missed opportunity before <extra spoiler> cannot be attained during the playthrough.

Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Spoiler
Then lets update: I killed Iosefka, she didn't seem nice according to the notes, enviroment and her ramblings. I don't regret it (though the loot was dissapointing.)
Now that I can see the Eldritch horror at the cathedral (my insight is currently at 44), I went exploring. Found another person to send to the a cathedral (a woman behind a door) and finally took on the hunters next to Amelia's old place. I had my first encounter with the frenzy status, which led me to alter my clothes (interesting that the church stuff seems to be very weak against that, there's a message here). I concluded this exploration by getting crushed by a horror while trying to open a door. The result, I now have access to some slime infested lecture building. Also, I now can shoot tentacles myself :-D
In the clinic was a letter which described a location and I took a coach ride. This seems to be this games version of the Painted World of Aramis, though those monster ticks kill me far too easily, so I retreated for now.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Ah man, I'm so excited for you Kiwi. It only gets crazier. <3

Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Spoiler
Entered the Nightmare Frontier, made good progress and looted a lot. Killed two hunters (getting good at that) and chased after one of those not-crystal lizards, looted it and got crushed by a rock thrown by a giant that I didn't notice.
Otherwise, I largely went into the chalice dungeons, killed all 3 bosses in the first, created a new one with a tier two chalice and killed the first boss there. Still no good loot aside from a few gems to put in my weapons.
Insight at 55
Guess I'll go find the boss in the forest next (if there is one), assume to find him behind the boars. Last time I went right after the crossing, guess I'll check out the left path next time.
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Kiwi's Bloodborne Diary
Entry: xxxx (I didn't count)
Spoiler
I went back into the chalice dungeons and finally got something out of it. The pyromancer boss kindly made his armor set available and I blew 10 of my insight on it. Turns out the tentacle attack is highly useful, since it is guaranteed to interrupt/knock over if it connects. Good against the baggy-men.
I returned to the forsest, since I didn't check the ledge in the mill and found a creepy dude cannibalizing corpses politly asking for a hiding spot. The hell, I won't send that dude to the cathedral. I ended up attacking him and, surprise, he is the darkbeasts (still undefeated) little buddy monster. Thankfully, he is also too big to fit through the doorway and I killed him from a largely safe distance with poison knives. Got a lot of souls and better Beast rune from him, which I can't really use since I still have no clue what the beasthood stat does. Though it seems to build up when eating pellets.
Also worth of note, the dude talks during the fight. How beasts and hunters are both nothing but murderers and so on..
No regrets here

I took on the the shadows in the forest and beat them in my first attempt. I have the feeling that bashing in teeth with the electric mayhem may be a bit cheesy in this game. Seems a lot of things are not fond of electricity. They delivered quite a fight though, had to use all my vials and some blood to make it.

Now arrived in Byrgenwerth where the first thing trying to kill you is Jeff Goldblum with a nasty grab.
Unlocked a shortcut though and was repeatedly killed by the woman in white. Got her down to half health once though, so there is hope.
Thats it for now.
Current Kwee:
Spoiler
Level 52
Insight 55
Vit 16
End 12
Str 22
Skl 24
Blo 9
Arc 19
Runes: 10% Stamina ; 5% HP ; Phy def 3%

Ludwig's Holy Blade +6 (equipped with fire dmg)
Tonitrus +6 (ZAP!)
Repeating Pistol + 4
Wooden Shield or Hunters Torch

Wearing: Henryk's Hunter Garb, Bone Ash Mask, Graveguard Manchettes and Kilt